TravelBanter

-   All-inclusive Resorts (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   BRISAS SANTA LUCIA (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=68735)

[email protected] June 16th, 2005 01:08 AM

BRISAS SANTA LUCIA

Check your departure date and time before goto airport for your
vacation.
I have joined the vacation package from Toronto to Cuba from Dec. 16 to
Dec. 23, 2004. On Dec. 16's morning when I checked the flight, we
found the flight was being canceled. I called our travel agent Sell Off
vacation and found out the flight had been changed from evening to
early morning which was too late for us to catch on.

After few hours' arrangement, I was told to take the next day flight
to Cuba but we need to pay the bus transfer from airport to the hotel.
And we can claim the transfer fee when we are back to Toronto.

Finally, we came to the hotel (BRISAS SANTA LUCIA) in Cuba and met with
other people who also join the same package that we have. We found out
at least three more families have the same problem that we have; that
no one inform them the change on departure flight.

Anyway, we finished our vacation and filed our claim through our travel
agent for one day missing in hotel as well as the bus transfer. But it
had been over 6 months now and there is no respond from any where.
Thus, I think there is no one taking care this case and they just
expecting us to give up the claim.

James T Duhaime June 21st, 2005 01:28 AM

Any reason given for the change in flight time? I *know* the ticket's fine
print says to check the flight time, but we've never had a problem in our
forty or so flights. That said, we've had other screwups that delayed the
planes once we were already at the airport.

Can you you tell us the operator? Air Transat, Sky Service, Air Cubana
(gasp!)