TravelBanter

-   USA & Canada (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Key West Accomodations/Beaches (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=178036)

[email protected] September 17th, 2012 11:13 AM

Key West Accomodations/Beaches

On Sunday, November 16, 1997 8:00:00 AM UTC, Craig S. O'Connell wrote:
Seeking info on affordable hotel accomodations in Key West. Would also
like info on Key West beaches. I'm told most beaches are hard coral
sand. Are there beaches with finer sand?

Hi there, well lets start with the first question in regards to Key West accommodation. Nowhere on Key West will be be cheap, as it is a tourist haven, so the prices are of a premium, but you can shop around and find good deals dependent on when you are going. Heartbreak Hotel has just been done up, and is probably the cheapest of all the places, but it does have mixed reviews. As for the best of the rest you will find them much of a muchness, but if you can go midweek they will drop down in price.

Also the beaches are naturally hard, but Key West do a lot of year to make them sandy by importing sand from the caribbeean.

So if you are looking for natural sandy beaches you will be disappointed, but I cant tell the difference to be honest. Probably the best is Smathers Beaches which is imported sand.

All the best David

http://www.whats-at-florida-keys.com...t-Beaches.html