TravelBanter

-   USA & Canada (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   St. Louis (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=173505)

Gadi Ben-Avi[_2_] September 4th, 2011 07:46 AM

St. Louis

Hi,

I plan to be in St. Louis for a weekend in November.
I will be arriving (By car) on Friday afternoon and flying out on Sunday at
around 1 pm.

I am looking for the following suggestions:
Where to stay? All I need is a bed and a place to take a shower. It should
be clean. Included breakfast and Wifi would be nice.
What to do? I know it's not a lot of time, so I want to plan my stay as best
as I can.

I prefer outdoor sites over museums.
I don't mind walking.

How is parking in St. Louis? Is it possible to find street parking, or would
that take too long. Would I be better off taking public transportation?

Thanks for your help

Gadi

- Bobb -[_2_] September 6th, 2011 04:15 PM

St. Louis

I can't help you with where to stay, but since you didn't mention any
special interests, here's a few generic sites:

http://explorestlouis.com/

you can click on CHAT in lower right corner of screen.

I like the Budweiser Brewery - not just for the beer. (Although in St Louis,
they do have the best beer.) It's been there a LONG time and worth the time
if you are into history.

Ball game ?

Go to the top of the Arch ? - THAT's a different experience you won't find
elsewhere.
http://www.stlouisarch.com/

Ideas:
http://explorestlouis.com/groups-reunions/what-to-do/
Online Visitor's guide:
http://madden.imirus.com/Mpowered/book/vstg10/i4/p1
click on BROWSE in left margin for listings

Enjoy.

"Gadi Ben-Avi" wrote in message
Hi,

I plan to be in St. Louis for a weekend in November.
I will be arriving (By car) on Friday afternoon and flying out on Sunday
at around 1 pm.

I am looking for the following suggestions:
Where to stay? All I need is a bed and a place to take a shower. It should
be clean. Included breakfast and Wifi would be nice.
What to do? I know it's not a lot of time, so I want to plan my stay as
best as I can.

I prefer outdoor sites over museums.
I don't mind walking.

How is parking in St. Louis? Is it possible to find street parking, or
would that take too long. Would I be better off taking public
transportation?

Thanks for your help

Gadi

[email protected] September 6th, 2011 06:17 PM

St. Louis

On Tue, 6 Sep 2011 11:15:02 -0400, "- Bobb -" wrote:

I like the Budweiser Brewery - not just for the beer. (Although in St Louis,
they do have the best beer.)

Oh, please. St. Louis has some very good microbreweries, like Square One.

Buttwiper is capable of making a decent beer -- like their American Ale -- but
in general, they choose not to.

-- Larry

Runge 131 September 7th, 2011 09:55 PM

St. Louis