TravelBanter

-   Europe (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Internet Travel Booking Sites: Europe to USA (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=11534)

Simone December 8th, 2003 10:17 PM

Internet Travel Booking Sites: Europe to USA

Does anyone have travel website recommendations for flights that are
geared towards travel from Europe to the USA/Canada? I am thinking of
sites similar to Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Cheaptickets (etc.).
Unfortunately, most of the sites of which I am aware will only allow
booking for the USA/Canada to Europe (and back).

Thank you,

Simone

ps. the above website is not currently maintained.

Not the Karl Orff December 9th, 2003 11:47 PM

Internet Travel Booking Sites: Europe to USA

In article ,
(Simone) wrote:

Does anyone have travel website recommendations for flights that are
geared towards travel from Europe to the USA/Canada? I am thinking of
sites similar to Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Cheaptickets (etc.).

opodo.com is the European "orbitz" but w/o the nifty features. There's
also travelocity.de and .co.uk Expedia has at least a U.K. site

Unfortunately, most of the sites of which I am aware will only allow
booking for the USA/Canada to Europe (and back).

Could try AA.com though you will have to go to one of their ticket
offices to buy it. Try it, I found an Vienna-Rome fare for some 20%
less than the same flights on Opodo.de

bondipom December 10th, 2003 06:01 AM

Internet Travel Booking Sites: Europe to USA

Originally posted by Simone

Does anyone have travel website recommendations for flights that are

geared towards travel from Europe to the USA/Canada? I am thinking of

sites similar to Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Cheaptickets (etc.).

Unfortunately, most of the sites of which I am aware will only allow

booking for the USA/Canada to Europe (and back).

Thank you,

Simone

ps. the above website is not currently maintained.

www.expedia.co.uk

www.ebookers.com

www.deckchair.co.uk

www.travelocity.co.uk

www.cheapflights.co.uk

www.opodo.co.uk

www.lastminute.com

should get you started. Not sure if you need a UK or European Credit
Card though. Otherwise lookup www.flightcentre.co.uk or
www.trailfinders.co.uk for telephone booking. Some do e-
tickets so delivery won't be a problem.

Otherwise try the airlines sites.

Mark Hewitt December 10th, 2003 10:06 AM

Internet Travel Booking Sites: Europe to USA

"Simone" wrote in message
om...
Does anyone have travel website recommendations for flights that are
geared towards travel from Europe to the USA/Canada? I am thinking of
sites similar to Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Cheaptickets (etc.).
Unfortunately, most of the sites of which I am aware will only allow
booking for the USA/Canada to Europe (and back).

Expedia will allow booking from anywhere to anywhere as far as I'm aware.
I'm in the UK and I've booked flights from here to the USA. Plus internal
flights in the USA (not the same trip). And paid for all in pounds.

Keith Willshaw December 10th, 2003 12:05 PM

Internet Travel Booking Sites: Europe to USA

"Simone" wrote in message
om...
Does anyone have travel website recommendations for flights that are
geared towards travel from Europe to the USA/Canada? I am thinking of
sites similar to Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Cheaptickets (etc.).
Unfortunately, most of the sites of which I am aware will only allow
booking for the USA/Canada to Europe (and back).

Thank you,

Simone

Expedia has European sites, www.travelocity.com can certainly
be used worldwide then there is www.cheaptickets.co.uk/

Frankly a google search will yield you dozens of sites.

Keith