TravelBanter

-   Backpacking and Budget travel (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   8 hr. layover in Amsterdam: any suggestions for quick city tour? (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=8264)

Teejoo September 12th, 2003 10:11 PM

8 hr. layover in Amsterdam: any suggestions for quick city tour?

The advice the others gave is ok, but watch out on the Central Station in
Amsterdam, many tourists have been robbed there. Just don't act to much as a
tourist there and go when you leave the station strait on to the centre,
then take a nice bear in a café and ....... I am sorry that I have to warn
you about this. But don't hesetate to visit Amsterdam, it is a beautiful
place with nice people.

Theo

"MCAS NV" schreef in bericht
I will have an 8 hour layover in Amsterdam airport sept. 15--do I have

enough
time to catch a cab or subway for a quick tour of Amsterdam, VanGogh

Museum,
etc.?