TravelBanter

-   Europe (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   What to visit in Poland/Baltics (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=71690)

tim \(moved to sweden\) August 4th, 2005 05:35 PM

What to visit in Poland/Baltics

So I've decide that I can fly to/from Warsaw for 14 days.
I also have the option of using the same flight to/from Kaunas (LT)
so I could do that in one direction.

I've done the Krakow/Oswiecim/Wieliczka/Zakopane gig
before, so I can pass on that destination.

What are the other "must sees" that I should try to include
in my trip.

TIA

tim

GHPtravel August 4th, 2005 05:59 PM

Check this link out it maybe helps you to get more info on Warsaw
http://www.ghptravel.com/htm/place/waw.htm

"tim (moved to sweden)" wrote in message
So I've decide that I can fly to/from Warsaw for 14 days.
I also have the option of using the same flight to/from Kaunas (LT)
so I could do that in one direction.

I've done the Krakow/Oswiecim/Wieliczka/Zakopane gig
before, so I can pass on that destination.

What are the other "must sees" that I should try to include
in my trip.

TIA

tim

polak August 4th, 2005 06:32 PM

Have You been in Bochnia? It's little city near Cracow (about 38 km)?
May You be here? I live in Bochnia!
You may look G=F3ry Swietokrzyskie (Swietokrzyskie Mountains). The
biggest mountain is Lysica.
If I'll find out something, I'll write.
see yaa,
rodowity Polak

Gerald Oliver Swift August 4th, 2005 07:49 PM

"GHPtravel" wrote in message
Check this link out it maybe helps you to get more info on Warsaw
http://www.ghptravel.com/htm/place/waw.htm

"tim (moved to sweden)" wrote in message
So I've decide that I can fly to/from Warsaw for 14 days.
I also have the option of using the same flight to/from Kaunas (LT)
so I could do that in one direction.

I've done the Krakow/Oswiecim/Wieliczka/Zakopane gig
before, so I can pass on that destination.

What are the other "must sees" that I should try to include
in my trip.

Szczupak!

tim \(moved to sweden\) August 4th, 2005 08:06 PM

"Gerald Oliver Swift" wrote in message

"GHPtravel" wrote in message
Check this link out it maybe helps you to get more info on Warsaw
http://www.ghptravel.com/htm/place/waw.htm

"tim (moved to sweden)" wrote in message
So I've decide that I can fly to/from Warsaw for 14 days.
I also have the option of using the same flight to/from Kaunas (LT)
so I could do that in one direction.

I've done the Krakow/Oswiecim/Wieliczka/Zakopane gig
before, so I can pass on that destination.

What are the other "must sees" that I should try to include
in my trip.

Szczupak!

I guessed that this was going to be a food item.

What can you do with:

2 carrots
2 Stalks celery
1 onion, quartered
10 Peppercorns
1 Bay leaf
2 t salt
Water
1 fish dressed
-(perch, sole, pike
-or similar white fish)

That's pecial?

At least you didn't say Pierogi!

tim

polak August 4th, 2005 08:16 PM

Sorry but I don't understand You. Do You want know something about
Polish cousine?

pierogi!!

You must sak about oscypek (Tatra Mountains; sheep cheese; it has got
much salt) and kluski slaskie (Silesia).

Pierogi are very good.

Padraig Breathnach August 4th, 2005 08:43 PM

"tim \(moved to sweden\)" wrote:

What can you do with:

2 carrots
2 Stalks celery
1 onion, quartered
10 Peppercorns
1 Bay leaf
2 t salt
Water
1 fish dressed
-(perch, sole, pike
-or similar white fish)

I use just one carrot -- you know, the big irregular one you get in
every pack. A tiny splash of white wine vinegar. And I prefer my fish
naked.

Sauvignon rather than Chardonnay.

--
PB
The return address has been MUNGED

Gerald Oliver Swift August 4th, 2005 09:25 PM

"polak" wrote in message
oups.com...
Sorry but I don't understand You. Do You want know something about
Polish cousine?

pierogi!!

You must sak about oscypek (Tatra Mountains; sheep cheese; it has got
much salt) and kluski slaskie (Silesia).

Pierogi are very good.

Do you have a recipe for kluski slaskie?
How do they differ from kluski krakowskie?
Gerry

tim \(moved to sweden\) August 4th, 2005 09:48 PM

"polak" wrote in message
oups.com...
Sorry but I don't understand You. Do You want know something about
Polish cousine?

It's taken me ages to work out what you meant :-)

(Cuisine) Sorry.

pierogi!!

You must sak about oscypek (Tatra Mountains; sheep cheese; it has got
much salt) and kluski slaskie (Silesia).

Pierogi are very good.

Perhaps, but not served cold with potato filling, covered in oil
and few chopped onions.

I presume that you have to know where to go.

tim

tim \(moved to sweden\) August 4th, 2005 09:51 PM

"Gerald Oliver Swift" wrote in message

"polak" wrote in message
oups.com...
Sorry but I don't understand You. Do You want know something about
Polish cousine?

pierogi!!

You must sak about oscypek (Tatra Mountains; sheep cheese; it has got
much salt) and kluski slaskie (Silesia).

Pierogi are very good.

Do you have a recipe for kluski slaskie?
How do they differ from kluski krakowskie?

In amongst the many Polish pages, Google found
4 French and 2 German (but no English)

tim

Gerry