TravelBanter

-   Europe (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   luton to waterloo (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=86840)

DC April 4th, 2006 12:51 AM

luton to waterloo

i will arrive from Paris and need a train or subway from there to the
waterloo station. The next day i need a train or subway from waterloo
to gatwick. Suggestions appreciated

David Bennetts April 4th, 2006 01:47 AM

luton to waterloo

"DC" wrote in message
i will arrive from Paris and need a train or subway from there to the
waterloo station. The next day i need a train or subway from waterloo to
gatwick. Suggestions appreciated

If you follow the sign subway in London, you'll get a pedestrian underpass,
not necessarily with a train under there. It's called the Underground, and
locally known as the tube.

The Underground does not reach either Luton or Gatwick airports, but there
are bus and rail connections available to central London.

All your options are available at www.tfl.gov.uk - use the journey planner.

Regards

David Bennetts
Australia

Alan \(in Brussels\) April 4th, 2006 07:31 AM

luton to waterloo

DC wrote:
i will arrive from Paris and need a train or subway from there to
the waterloo station. The next day i need a train or subway from
waterloo to gatwick. Suggestions appreciated

Not perhaps the most obvious route, but if I were you I'd take a Thameslink
train from Luton to London Bridge station, and change there to a train to
Charing Cross that stops at Waterloo East station (very frequent service).

Similarly, for the shortest route from Waterloo to Gatwick, take any train
from Waterloo East to London Bridge, and change there to a Thameslink (or
other) train from London Bridge to Gatwick airport station.

The journey planner at www.nationalrail.co.uk will provide through schedules
if you specify Waterloo East.
PS there are frequent direct Eurostar trains from Paris gare du Nord to
Waterloo International (www.eurostar.com )

- Alan (in Brussels)

ALAN HARRISON April 4th, 2006 08:06 AM

luton to waterloo

"Alan (in Brussels)" wrote in message
. ..

Not perhaps the most obvious route, but if I were you I'd take a
Thameslink
train from Luton to London Bridge station, and change there to a train to
Charing Cross that stops at Waterloo East station (very frequent service).

Just a swift note - Waterloo East is linked to the main waterloo station by
a footbridge with ramp access to the W'loo East platforms and escalators to
the concourse of the main station.

Alan Harrison