TravelBanter

-   Air travel (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Documentary warning in Canada (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=2228)

nobody January 10th, 2004 06:52 AM

Documentary warning in Canada

This coming Sunday, the canadian BRAVO channel will be holding a 6 hour long
marathon of airline documentaries.

(times Eastern).

21:00 Airplane!
23:00 Airplane II: the sequel
01:00 Airport '77: the submersible 747

All predate 9-11, at a time when flying was pleasant and interesting and one
didn't have to worry about being sent to prison for carrying a rubber chicken.

Frank F. Matthews January 11th, 2004 03:30 AM

Documentary warning in Canada

But, then again, even back in the 50's when Airplane is fictionally
located they did have suicide bombers. Just for insurance and not
political. FFM

nobody wrote:
This coming Sunday, the canadian BRAVO channel will be holding a 6 hour long
marathon of airline documentaries.

(times Eastern).

21:00 Airplane!
23:00 Airplane II: the sequel
01:00 Airport '77: the submersible 747

All predate 9-11, at a time when flying was pleasant and interesting and one
didn't have to worry about being sent to prison for carrying a rubber chicken.

nobody January 12th, 2004 03:47 AM

Documentary warning in Canada

Notable quotes from the documentary at:
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0080339/quotes

Note, that Otto is considered a star. His biography is at:
http://us.imdb.com/name/nm1290293/

he lives in Jerry Zucker's garage.

Interestingly, the version aired by Bravo appears to be the uncensored one.
During one scene, there a a naked lady parading around. In another scene, when
the plane has begun to dive, there is a "different" no-smoking sign that
appears. It si split in two, with the traditional no smoking sign applying to
rows 1 to 13, and there is no sex allowed for rows behind that. (the icon
shows two people on each other in horizontal position).

BREAKING NEWS: the two females in a cat fight at that disco bar are actually
males. That removes a lot of value to the documentary.

Interestingly, that version shows a hindu pouring gasoline from a tank onto
himself and just about to light himself up as the flight attendant asks
Stryker of he could fly the plane. The hindu is relieved he won't have to burn
himself up, but he explodes nevertheless. hadn't seen that scene before.

They did thankfully have the full scene of the FA re-inflating Otto, including
them going at it forcefully enough to give the plane a certain "bounce"...

My my, there is a scene where some old guy offers whysky to an old lady. Old
lady refuses "Certaintly not", but then she goes on sniffing cocaine :-)

Oh, and they really did show the **** hitting the fan.

And just before landing, McCroskey sayd "looks like I picked the wrong day to
stop sniffing glue" and then proceeds to sniff glue.

Makes one realise just how much had been removed from the network TV version
that had been aired before.

nobody January 12th, 2004 03:54 AM

Documentary warning in Canada

They did seem to cut the "Hi Jack" scene though. I am very disapointed.