TravelBanter

-   Asia (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   mongolia + working holidays (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=4609)

ViciousCricket October 3rd, 2003 05:14 AM

mongolia + working holidays

Hello! I am also looking into the CRTP volunteer vacation for the summer
of 2004. I found your post while searching for information on the
organization. I'd be great to have someone to collaborate findings with!
Let me know if you're interested.

Thanks,

Melissa

Originally posted by Sansan

hi fellow travelers,

has anyone travelled to mongolia? or participated in working holidays?

i am thinking of going this summer and participating in a volunteer

tourism program organized by a non-profit organization called the

Cultural Restoration Tourism Project. They are based in San

Francisco, California (USA)and coordinate teams of volunteer tourists

to help restore a buddhist temple that was destroyed by Communists.

this one sounds interesting and different because the mongolian people

asked this group to help them restore this temple and nearly all

volunteer funds help the local people.

if you can offer any advice, thoughts, and stories of your travels to

mongolia or working holidays, please let me know.

thanks,

s.san