TravelBanter

-   Europe (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   spot the error(s) (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=132783)

Mike.....[_3_] March 8th, 2008 03:04 PM

spot the error(s)

From Forbes.com

Isle of Skye, Scotland
"It's a barbaric, rugged landscape," Castleton says, "the rock ripped
from the earth and everything windswept." Roll on down to the coast
and you're amidst tiny fishing villages, or check out the Neolithic
and Viking settlements of the Orkney Islands. When it comes to
settling down yourself, authentic pub lodging has its charms -- meaty
pot pies downstairs, rivers of beer. Then again, so does renting an
actual Highland castle from the National Trust. With plenty of free
parking.

its from thier "great road trips", hmmmm. One of the others is the
cities of central europe, Vienna, Saltzberg, Berlin etc, a drive?
Some of the others are fair choices.
--
Mike
Remove clothing to email

S Viemeister[_2_] March 8th, 2008 06:41 PM

spot the error(s)

Mike..... wrote:
From Forbes.com

Do you have a link to the page? I couldn't find it on the Forbes site.

Isle of Skye, Scotland
"It's a barbaric, rugged landscape," Castleton says, "the rock ripped
from the earth and everything windswept." Roll on down to the coast
and you're amidst tiny fishing villages, or check out the Neolithic
and Viking settlements of the Orkney Islands. When it comes to
settling down yourself, authentic pub lodging has its charms -- meaty
pot pies downstairs, rivers of beer. Then again, so does renting an
actual Highland castle from the National Trust. With plenty of free
parking.

its from thier "great road trips", hmmmm. One of the others is the
cities of central europe, Vienna, Saltzberg, Berlin etc, a drive?
Some of the others are fair choices.

george March 9th, 2008 11:38 AM

spot the error(s)

On Mar 8, 4:04*pm, Mike..... wrote:
----snipped-----

"spot the error(s)"

Reading this?????????

George

Mike.....[_3_] March 10th, 2008 08:34 AM

spot the error(s)

Following up to S Viemeister wrote:

Do you have a link to the page? I couldn't find it on the Forbes site.

"http://www.forbes.com/vehicles/2008/01/31/cars-drives-europe-forbeslife-cx_vr_0131drives_slide.html"

It seems to have changed, we now have

"The A272 and A30 From Tunbridge Wells to Shaftsbury, southern
England"

pah, world class scenic drive! I suppse theres Stonehenge.

"A591 through Ambleside and Grasmere, The Lake District, Northwest
England"

Well, its in the correct area, I suppose they dodnt feel they could
send US tourists off on the real best route in that area, which isnt a
dull A road.
--
Mike
Remove clothing to email

Mike.....[_3_] March 10th, 2008 08:35 AM

spot the error(s)

Following up to george wrote:

Reading this?????????

nobody made you.
--
Mike
Remove clothing to email

Mike.....[_3_] March 10th, 2008 08:47 AM

spot the error(s)

Following up to Mike..... wrote:

"A591 through Ambleside and Grasmere, The Lake District, Northwest
England"

theres also Milan to Naples. Hmmmm.
--
Mike