TravelBanter

-   Cruises (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Must see/do on a Panama Canal Cruise?? (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=119580)

Everyboysmomma[_2_] August 22nd, 2007 03:36 PM

Must see/do on a Panama Canal Cruise??

Hi Folks
I have decided that I want to do a 10-12 day Panama Canal Cruise for my 50th
birthday in February. I've been on 10 cruises using Carnival, Princess, RCL
and NCL (of them, RCL is my favorite by a long shot). There seem to be so
many itineraries for this trip that my head is spinning. Can any of you
seasoned cruisers give me a list of highlights and/or don't bothers?
A bit about DH and I... we are active (hiking, biking, kayaking, diving,
snorkeling, dancing), prefer music from the 60's through 80's rather than
rap, drink a little, gamble a little less, love great musical shows on
ships, and HATE freestyle (different table mates every evening) cruising.
TIA
Momma

Uncle Peter August 22nd, 2007 08:42 PM

"Everyboysmomma" wrote in message
Hi Folks
I have decided that I want to do a 10-12 day Panama Canal Cruise for my
50th birthday in February. I've been on 10 cruises using Carnival,
Princess, RCL and NCL (of them, RCL is my favorite by a long shot). There
seem to be so many itineraries for this trip that my head is spinning.
Can any of you seasoned cruisers give me a list of highlights and/or don't
bothers?
A bit about DH and I... we are active (hiking, biking, kayaking, diving,
snorkeling, dancing), prefer music from the 60's through 80's rather than
rap, drink a little, gamble a little less, love great musical shows on
ships, and HATE freestyle (different table mates every evening) cruising.
TIA
Momma

The Embera Indian village was a lot of fun; both the wife and I
enjoyed the excursion. Getting there involves a bus trip through Panama
(unfortunately you see some of the poorer sections of Panama
on the way) and a 20 min. boat trip up river to their village.

The boats used to be longer dugout canoes, but I think they've
switched to more modern river craft recently.

I've read the train ride excursion wasn't that good, but we have
no first experience on that one.

Peter

Sue and Kevin Mullen August 22nd, 2007 10:49 PM

Uncle Peter wrote:

The Embera Indian village was a lot of fun; both the wife and I
enjoyed the excursion. Getting there involves a bus trip through Panama
(unfortunately you see some of the poorer sections of Panama
on the way) and a 20 min. boat trip up river to their village.

The boats used to be longer dugout canoes, but I think they've
switched to more modern river craft recently.

Peter, you beat me to this.lol The Embera Indian Village excursion was
one of our best excursions ever. Here is a link to our pictures and I
think that towards the endd of the Embera Village pictures there is one
of the boat we took out to the village. This is an excursion that you
MUST book through the cruise line, it is not available any other way.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/209...14545039XLYnSK

sue