TravelBanter

-   Air travel (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   What are the chances of..... (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=169237)

Matt Casey September 26th, 2010 07:37 AM

What are the chances of.....

Aviation coming to an end and being replaced by trains?

Runge 124 September 26th, 2010 08:43 AM

What are the chances of.....birds being replaced by giraffes in the sky ?

....or bathroom tissues being replaced by chalk ?
Or maybe matt casey growing up and avoiding posting useless stuff ?

"Matt Casey" a écrit dans le message de groupe de
discussion :
Aviation coming to an end and being replaced by trains?

irwell September 26th, 2010 05:28 PM

What are the chances of.....

On Sat, 25 Sep 2010 23:37:10 -0700 (PDT), Matt Casey wrote:

Aviation coming to an end and being replaced by trains?

Pretty good for Continental traffic, say in Europe,Asia
and North America.

Central London to Central Paris is quicker and more
convenient on Eurostar than the air version.

William Black[_2_] September 26th, 2010 06:11 PM

What are the chances of.....

On 26/09/10 17:28, Irwell wrote:
On Sat, 25 Sep 2010 23:37:10 -0700 (PDT), Matt Casey wrote:

Aviation coming to an end and being replaced by trains?

Pretty good for Continental traffic, say in Europe,Asia
and North America.

Central London to Central Paris is quicker and more
convenient on Eurostar than the air version.

The main problem is the bits of the world inhabited by people who shoot
at the passing trains.

No way can I possibly go from the UK to India on a train, although I'd
love to. I hate flying...

I can get as far as Tajikistan one way and can get as far north as
Kashmir (assuming I can get a permit from the Indian government to go
there) going the other.

--
William Black

Free men have open minds