TravelBanter

-   Asia (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   So sorry about that poor Korean man (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=30392)

me June 24th, 2004 06:51 PM

So sorry about that poor Korean man

What did HE have to do with the whole Iraq situation? He was just
trying to make a living for his family. For Christ sake, how much
more?

Dieter Aaaa June 24th, 2004 09:07 PM

So sorry about that poor Korean man

"Thomas F. Unke" schreef in bericht
me writes:

What did HE have to do with the whole Iraq situation? He was just
trying to make a living for his family. For Christ sake, how much
more?

Yep.

Like all those ten thousands innocent Iraqis who are murdered,
tortured or crippled by that militias who invaded the country.

Peanuts, compared by what happened there before the western allied forces
liberated Iraq
And, BTW, who is killing in Iraq these days ?

The islam is our common enemy
We have to act NOW
before the muslims destroy SE Asia and Europe

How muslims think about the rest of the world:
http://www.bharatvani.org/books/demogislam.pdf
http://www.faithfreedom.org/
http://www.hinduunity.org/
http://www.carm.org/islam.htm
http://muslim-quotes.netfirms.com/index.html
http://www.angelfire.com/ab/jumma/

Maybe there are also some peacefull muslims, but why then don't they prevent
their fellow-muslims spreading that hate over the world ?

In europe, more than half of the news items are caused by muslim-violence
This can NOT go on like this. Someone has to stop this insane madness.

Islam URGENTLY needs his renaissance

Friedrich Schiller:
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
(Die Jungfrau von Orleans)

thegoons June 25th, 2004 12:28 PM

So sorry about that poor Korean man

The beheading was shocking. We can blame a combination of George W and
fanatical ragheads.

me writes:

[...]

me June 25th, 2004 02:15 PM

So sorry about that poor Korean man

You are right.

I've travelled many times for years on end, spent a lot of time in
muslim countries thinking 'they may be very strange at times, but hey,
they leave us alone and we leave them alone, nobody gets hurt', but
that's over.

As from now, any place between Istanbul and Rangoon is strictly
off-limits, except for Nepal, South India, China (except for
Xinxiang), Thailand, Indochina and North-East Asia. So is all of
Africa north of the Equator.

Sad but true, the world has become a lot more dangerous place
recently; I'm not going to risk my life for that small percentage of
fanatical muslims who simply will not see sense and accept they live
in the 21st century and not the middle ages.

USC June 25th, 2004 08:38 PM

So sorry about that poor Korean man

As from now, any place between Istanbul and Rangoon is strictly
off-limits, except for Nepal, South India, China (except for
Xinxiang), Thailand, Indochina and North-East Asia. So is all of
Africa north of the Equator.

Southern Thailand would now make the list, in light of the situation
about two months ago where the Thai police and military went up
against 70 machette-wielding Islamists near the Malaysian border.
Regarding Burma, I've only traveled North and East of Rangoon, but had
heard of Muslim/Buddhist clashes around Pyay (Prome), down South of
Moulmein, and near the border with Bangladesh. The drivers that we
hired to drive us from Rangoon to Kyaiktiyo appeared to be Rakhine,
Arakan or Rohingyi (predominately of the Muslim faith) based on their
dark features, and the way that they proudly displayed the large "ABU
SAAYEF" sticker across the windshield didn't exactly give me that warm
fuzzy feeling. Of course, the Burmese government does have the knack
for keeping any factional rabble-rousers in check.

USC

Dieter Aaaa June 26th, 2004 02:27 AM

So sorry about that poor Korean man

"USC" schreef in bericht
m...
[...]

Im Burma / Myanmar there are very few muslims
even in Rakhine state in the Bangladesh border area.
Sittwe, Mrauk-U and other cities are almost 100 % Buddhist

But there are some fanatic mislims.
I eyewitnessed the Kyause massacre last year.

Thanks to the very repessive actions of the current military government,
Myanmar is save to travel for western tourists.
There is almost om muslim violence.
But cross fingers when ever the NLD (AKKS) will take over the power...

Dieter Aaaa June 26th, 2004 02:40 AM

So sorry about that poor Korean man

"me" wrote in

You are right.

I've travelled many times for years on end, spent a lot of time in
muslim countries thinking 'they may be very strange at times, but hey,
they leave us alone and we leave them alone, nobody gets hurt', but
that's over.

As from now, any place between Istanbul and Rangoon is strictly
off-limits, except for Nepal, South India, China (except for
Xinxiang), Thailand, Indochina and North-East Asia. So is all of
Africa north of the Equator.

Same here
I have a blacklist starting with morocco, turkey over egypt, abu dhabi to
bangladesh
with a lot of other muslim countries in between.
Even if they offer me a 5 weeks holyday for free, i will not go there.
Xi'an, in spite of the magnificent Terraccotta Army, i will never go there
anymore

Sad but true, the world has become a lot more dangerous place
recently; I'm not going to risk my life for that small percentage of
fanatical muslims who simply will not see sense and accept they live
in the 21st century and not the middle ages.

That's only one of their problems:
the moderate moslims are not able to temper the fanatics...

How muslims think about us:
http://www.bharatvani.org/books/demogislam.pdf
http://www.faithfreedom.org/
http://www.hinduunity.org/
http://www.carm.org/islam.htm
http://muslim-quotes.netfirms.com/index.html
http://www.angelfire.com/ab/jumma/

Dieter Aaaa June 26th, 2004 02:52 AM

So sorry about that poor Korean man

"thegoons" wrote in
s.com...
The beheading was shocking. We can blame a combination of George W and
fanatical ragheads.

"a combination" ?

If you start "combining" on that way, you can even blame the russians, the
ancient crusaders, maybe even the Romans and Greeks ?

Get real, come down to earth please...

How muslims think about the rest of the world:
http://www.bharatvani.org/books/demogislam.pdf
http://www.faithfreedom.org/
http://www.hinduunity.org/
http://www.carm.org/islam.htm
http://muslim-quotes.netfirms.com/index.html
http://www.angelfire.com/ab/jumma/

EAC June 26th, 2004 01:00 PM

me wrote in message . ..
What did HE have to do with the whole Iraq situation?

He was there and he didn't have anything to do with the whole Iraq
situation.

Which make him THE perfect martyr to be used for many reasons,
including defaming some things and some people.

On the other hand, he might not be so innocent at all, but in the same
time clueless. He might volunteer to do dirty deeds, unknown to him
that he will be murdered and used as a martyr.

Then there's also the possibility that the whole beheading scene is a
fake, either that it's a dummy or someone else, and he was still
alive. Remember, the whole beheading scene was made and publicized to
incite hate. No one is needed to beheaded, only the impression of
beheading that was need to be done.

He was just trying to make a living for his family.

That was the 'official' standing anyway.

For Christ sake, how much more?

Well... We know that each person that lived also died, that's for
sure. So maybe.... around 8 billions more?

Anyway. This whole beheading scene is none of our business anyway, the
moment we make it OUR business, 'they' have accomplished 'their'
mission. Hmmm... Maybe the originial poster and some of the people
that replied to the originial post are part of 'their' henchmen?

me June 26th, 2004 01:46 PM

So sorry about that poor Korean man

Will reply to the rest of your post later.

Hmmm... Maybe the originial poster and some of the people
that replied to the originial post are part of 'their' henchmen?

No. I'm just some guy who's slept very poorly the past week thinking
about the whole tragedy, about the poor guy and about what might have
happened to myself during my past years of travel in all sorts of
unusual places, blisfully oblivious to danger (those days are over).