TravelBanter

-   Australia & New Zealand (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Will Australians Burn In Hell For Being So Cruel To Millions Of Sheep? Australia's Ships Of Death! (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=7287)

Rainer Wolfcastle September 27th, 2003 04:40 PM

Will Australians Burn In Hell For Being So Cruel To Millions Of Sheep? Australia's Ships Of Death!

Aussies go celebrity mad while they load ships with hundreds of
thousands of sheep taking cruel death trips. Harry offers to help
because he is probably a stupid drunk and will feel at home with cruel
Aussies.

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/...083141347.html

The RSPCA has launched a caustic advertising campaign against the live
export of 57,000 sheep, now stranded on a ship in stifling conditions
in the Persian Gulf.

The animal welfare group today published a newspaper advertisement
which scathingly tells people how to cook up "a recipe for cruelty".

"Take 57,000 sheep and steam to over 40 degrees Celsius for 53 days,"
the advertisement says. "57,000 sheep have been experiencing a living
and dying hell onboard the Cormo Express. Nearly 4000 have already
died in agony."

The RSPCA calls on people to "express your outrage" and contact Prime
Minister John Howard and his Agriculture Minister Warren Truss and
local federal MPs to demand an end to the suffering.

The RSPCA claims almost 6000 sheep have died since the shipment left
Western Australia aboard the MV Cormo Express for Saudi Arabia seven
weeks ago.

The Government admitted yesterday it still did not know why the Saudis
had rejected the sheep five weeks

Thom September 28th, 2003 06:07 AM

Will Australians Burn In Hell For Being So Cruel To Millions Of Sheep? Australia's Ships Of Death!

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 11:40:37 +1000, Anthony (Tony) Cameron
wrote:

On 27 Sep 2003 08:40:01 -0700, (Rainer
Wolfcastle) wrote:

Why would they burn in hell?

In Biblical times God used to like his worshipers to drag the
occasional sheep up to an altar and slit its throat in his name. Now,
those devout Aussies are sacrificing not one, but thousands of sheep.

What do you expect when you have a Liberal Party/National Party
coalition?

God must be very pleased with the Aussies;

Nah, he'se pretty ****ed that John Howard is PM and has been sending
all these floods and droughts but they don't get the message. he'se
also ****ed they sacraficed a One Nation Sheep (Hanson) rather than a
marino but she was bleeting like one for a while.

he certainly would not send
them to hell,

Not a problem, all the Nationals and Liberal party members already
have their reservations. I hear god's putting them over in the same
area with the American republicans.

he would more likely admit them to paradise as a reward
for their wooly sacrifices.

Now watch what you're saying, or God will get you.

which god???

THOM

Tony

Ka Khiong Kwok September 29th, 2003 12:29 AM

Will Australians Burn In Hell For Being So Cruel To Millions Of Sheep? Australia's Ships Of Death!

Bored. In a way, this debacle (sorry there's no other word for it) is funny
in so many levels.
I'm a lay Buddhist meself so I think what's happening is untolerable but if
you take a lighter side of it, well... remember that ad campaign for the
Rugby that's on recently?
Apologies for the cross spam, giving the nature of the original post, I'm
not treating it all that seriously.

I get the feeling that one day I'm going to pay for all these sheep jokes
some how.

All the best,

Ka.