TravelBanter

-   Africa (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Zambia - entry visa fee (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=140498)

Gerald Oliver Swift June 22nd, 2008 10:01 AM

Zambia - entry visa fee

GBP 75 for an entry visa for a Brit to enter Zambia !!!!!

Zambia has just gone right to the bottom of the pile of my intended travel
destinations.

Gerry

PS Only Libya charges more for an entry visa

Mitch June 24th, 2008 02:37 PM

Zambia - entry visa fee

At the Zambia USA embassy website, how about paying $475 for a three
year multiple entry Visa or $175 for a single entry?!

Gerald Oliver Swift June 24th, 2008 05:48 PM

Zambia - entry visa fee

"Mitch" wrote in message
At the Zambia USA embassy website, how about paying $475 for a three
year multiple entry Visa or $175 for a single entry?!

Madness! I guess they just don't want people to visit Zambia.

Gerry

Mitch June 25th, 2008 01:33 PM

Zambia - entry visa fee

Or, maybe just Brits. The USA visa is $135 for three years.

At $45 a year, that fee is a bit lower than the "going rate" for
visas. Except, it's possible that many (most) travelers will visit
Zambia only once in that time frame.

Marc Lurie[_1_] June 30th, 2008 04:34 PM

Zambia - entry visa fee

DRC (Congo Kinshasa) is US$1300 for a multiple entry visa valid for
one year! A single entry 15 day, visa is US$100.

I travelled to Zambia in January with a British citizen, and I think I
remember the visa being US$75 at the border for a multiple entry visa.
Unfortunately I don't have my records handy.

Perhaps it's cheaper if you get your visa at the border rather than at
an embassy?

Marc

On Sun, 22 Jun 2008 10:01:45 +0100, "Gerald Oliver Swift"
wrote:

GBP 75 for an entry visa for a Brit to enter Zambia !!!!!

Zambia has just gone right to the bottom of the pile of my intended travel
destinations.

Gerry

PS Only Libya charges more for an entry visa

Gerald Oliver Swift June 30th, 2008 07:29 PM

Zambia - entry visa fee

DRC?? I wouldn't pay US$100 to get in, even if they paid me US$1,000 to
get out.

Gerry

"Marc Lurie" wrote in message
DRC (Congo Kinshasa) is US$1300 for a multiple entry visa valid for
one year! A single entry 15 day, visa is US$100.

I travelled to Zambia in January with a British citizen, and I think I
remember the visa being US$75 at the border for a multiple entry visa.
Unfortunately I don't have my records handy.

Perhaps it's cheaper if you get your visa at the border rather than at
an embassy?

Marc

Jan June 30th, 2008 09:37 PM

Zambia - entry visa fee

Marc Lurie wrote in
:

DRC (Congo Kinshasa) is US$1300 for a multiple entry visa valid for
one year! A single entry 15 day, visa is US$100.

I travelled to Zambia in January with a British citizen, and I think I
remember the visa being US$75 at the border for a multiple entry visa.
Unfortunately I don't have my records handy.

Perhaps it's cheaper if you get your visa at the border rather than at
an embassy?

Marc

Last year in September I visited Zambia.

At that time, when you booked certain lodges or hotels in advance they
could arrange a single entry free visa at the border.

Once in Livingstone I got a multi entry visa (valid for 7 days) for about 1
euro (5000 K.).

Jan

Marc Lurie[_1_] July 4th, 2008 02:12 PM

Zambia - entry visa fee

Some of us work there. Not all travel is for pleasure ;-)

Marc

On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 19:29:24 +0100, "Gerald Oliver Swift"
wrote:

DRC?? I wouldn't pay US$100 to get in, even if they paid me US$1,000 to
get out.

Gerry

Dimond Geeza July 11th, 2008 09:02 PM

Zambia - entry visa fee

wrote:
DRC?? * I wouldn't pay US$100 to get in, even if they paid me US$1,000 to
get out.

Gerry

Interesting, I was just looking at Zambia, Uganda, Mozambique, Kenya
and Tanzania.
All expect a Visa, so **** it, I will spend my hard earned money in
South Africa.