TravelBanter

-   Europe (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   November weather ... (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=182754)

Giovanni Drogo October 12th, 2017 09:47 AM

November weather ...

On Wed, 11 Oct 2017, wrote:

He wants cities. What about Kiruna?

or Kirkenes ? :-)

Erilar October 15th, 2017 10:24 PM

November weather ...

Giovanni Drogo wrote:
On Wed, 11 Oct 2017, wrote:

He wants cities. What about Kiruna?

or Kirkenes ? :-)

I visited Kirkenes in very early spring before taking the Hurtigruten
south. It was rather snowy, but I rather like snowbas long as it's not TOO
deep 8-)

--
biblioholic medievalist via iPad

[email protected] November 2nd, 2017 08:21 AM

November weather ...

Am Donnerstag, 12. Oktober 2017 10:47:25 UTC+2 schrieb Giovanni Drogo:

He wants cities. What about Kiruna?

or Kirkenes ? :-)

Let's go Rovaniemi: -3° / -15° (today).

Regards, ULF

[email protected] November 15th, 2017 01:31 PM

November weather ...

On Thursday, September 21, 2017 at 5:25:16 AM UTC-7, -hh wrote:
Been debating taking a "long weekend" getaway to someplace
in EU; haven't really thought too much yet about precisely
where, other than it being mostly a city visit.

Thus said, any general weather trend -type of comments
of regions to avoid (or lean towards)? Don't want to
consider someplace where the typical seasonal pattern
is 10 hours of rain each day.

Shortlist examples under contemplation: London, Berlin,
Amsterdam, Prague; maybe Athens, Barcelona, Basil..

-hh

TO know more click on the link: http://bit.ly/2iX81VZ

[email protected] December 5th, 2017 01:13 PM

November weather ...

Am Sonntag, 24. September 2017 22:36:38 UTC+2 schrieb -hh:
FWIW, don't mind it being chilly; question is rain.

Unfortunately, the timing is going to be a little before the Christmas Markets
start, which is also why we're not too revv'ed up about finding something.

How did you like it, and where did you go at the end?

Regards, ULF

-hh January 7th, 2018 04:20 AM

November weather ...

Am Sonntag, 24. September 2017 22:36:38 UTC+2 schrieb -hh:
[...]

How did you like it, and where did you go at the end?

Regards, ULF

A complete chenage in plan. Stumbled onto a really good
airfare special to a place we like to go in the Caribbean, but then
couldn't find a hotel room on the out-island we wanted to stay at,
losing time to get back to finding something in EU.

So we ended up not going on a trip at all, but stayed at home and
renovated the TV room. Some advice on wallpapering: hire a Pro.
They'll get it done 5x faster.

In any event, our schedule for 2018 is probably going to involve
another lousy work schedule for the first half of the year, which
will push us into another fall break to plan something for. Thinking
maybe the Adriatic in September, and/or Greece in October; depends
also on a new medical condition which has cropped up which limits
walking, which puts a crimp on a lot of our style for city touring.
Perhaps Scandinavian northern lights?

-hh