TravelBanter

-   Cruises (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Cruise Critic, Banned! (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=178946)

[email protected] January 3rd, 2013 10:48 PM

Cruise Critic, Banned!

Your posting privileges have been suspended for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date the suspension will be lifted: Never

Anyone else suspended? For life!!!

Bill[_1_] January 4th, 2013 02:29 AM

Cruise Critic, Banned!

On 1/3/2013 4:48 PM, wrote:
Your posting privileges have been suspended for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date the suspension will be lifted: Never

Anyone else suspended? For life!!!

Not me. What did you post? Advertising?

Bill

[email protected] January 4th, 2013 03:12 AM

Cruise Critic, Banned!

On Thursday, January 3, 2013 5:29:52 PM UTC-8, Bill wrote:
On 1/3/2013 4:48 PM, wrote:

Your posting privileges have been suspended for the following reason:

No reason was specified.

Date the suspension will be lifted: Never

Anyone else suspended? For life!!!

Not me. What did you post? Advertising?

Bill

The last post I wrote had to do with Princess CL having more Noro virus episodes than other CLs. I mentioned Princess is the only line not to have hand held showers in each cabin. Someone asked what this had to do with people getting sick. I then quoted from Islamic teachings about the need to keep clean. That post was removed and that was the end of me on CC.

Think they have anything against Muslims?

Gettamulla Tupya[_2_] January 4th, 2013 05:53 AM

Cruise Critic, Banned!

On Thu, 3 Jan 2013 13:48:28 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Your posting privileges have been suspended for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date the suspension will be lifted: Never

Anyone else suspended? For life!!!

Easy fixed if you don't have a fixed IP. Clear your cookies and register again with a
different email address.

[email protected] January 4th, 2013 09:21 PM

Cruise Critic, Banned!

On Thursday, January 3, 2013 8:53:01 PM UTC-8, Gettamulla Tupya wrote:
On Thu, 3 Jan 2013 13:48:28 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Your posting privileges have been suspended for the following reason:

No reason was specified.

Date the suspension will be lifted: Never

Anyone else suspended? For life!!!

Easy fixed if you don't have a fixed IP. Clear your cookies and register again with a

different email address.

Easy fixed? What about my bruised ego? Why would I want to sneak into a website that doesn't want me? Why would I contribute to a site that makes money from my posts, but doesn't respect my opinions?

I was just curious if this banning is common? I've gotten along swell without Cruise Critic for nearly all my life, and I'm sure we'll both continue to get along fine without each other in the future. One just has to wonder how objective the reviews are on CC and TripAdvisor, if some voices are censored.

Stefan Patric[_3_] January 4th, 2013 10:29 PM

Cruise Critic, Banned!

On Fri, 04 Jan 2013 12:21:42 -0800, wilma6116 wrote:

On Thursday, January 3, 2013 8:53:01 PM UTC-8, Gettamulla Tupya wrote:
On Thu, 3 Jan 2013 13:48:28 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Your posting privileges have been suspended for the following reason:

No reason was specified.

Date the suspension will be lifted: Never

Anyone else suspended? For life!!!

Easy fixed if you don't have a fixed IP. Clear your cookies and
register again with a

different email address.

Easy fixed? What about my bruised ego? Why would I want to sneak into a
website that doesn't want me? Why would I contribute to a site that
makes money from my posts, but doesn't respect my opinions?

I was just curious if this banning is common? I've gotten along swell
without Cruise Critic for nearly all my life, and I'm sure we'll both
continue to get along fine without each other in the future. One just
has to wonder how objective the reviews are on CC and TripAdvisor, if
some voices are censored.

Did Cruise Critic contact you directly to tell you why you were banned?
If not, contact them and politely request why you were. If you feel that
you've been unjustly banned, say so in the follow up correspondence and
request to be reinstated. If that doesn't work, immediately take legal
action. That'll get their attention! You'd be surprise what a single,
simple, polite letter from a law firm can do.

Keep detailed records and copies of everything. Also, keep a journal of
what you did and how you felt at the time, etc.

Stef

RayC January 5th, 2013 02:42 AM

Cruise Critic, Banned!

On 1/4/2013 1:29 PM, Stefan Patric wrote:

... If that doesn't work, immediately take legal
action. That'll get their attention! You'd be surprise what a single,
simple, polite letter from a law firm can do. ...

YOU MUST BE JOKING!!! You want to bring legal action against them?

I am no fan of their poorly laid out board. But, it is a privately owned
board and they have a right to exclude anyone they want on it! It is
heavily moderated so that means ... if they don't like the way you look,
smell, act, spell, who you pray to or WHATEVER ... buh bye!

And it is the moderator aspect that made most people jump away from here
and go over there in the first place. They just couldn't get themselves
to ignore the spammers, politicos, people with an axe to grind,
perverts, religious haters, etc.

Legal action ... bah!! Just drop them a note asking why. If nothing,
then just put your big boy (or big girl) pants on and move on. And if
something like this bruises your ego, then maybe you should stay off
public forums since they are ALL filled with people that may offend YOU!

--

Ray
+++++++++++++++++++++++

Stefan Patric[_3_] January 5th, 2013 08:46 AM

Cruise Critic, Banned!

On Fri, 04 Jan 2013 17:42:31 -0800, RayC wrote:

On 1/4/2013 1:29 PM, Stefan Patric wrote:

... If that doesn't work, immediately take legal action. That'll get
their attention! You'd be surprise what a single, simple, polite
letter from a law firm can do. ...

YOU MUST BE JOKING!!! You want to bring legal action against them?

If it's warranted.

I am no fan of their poorly laid out board. But, it is a privately owned
board and they have a right to exclude anyone they want on it! It is

It is operated as a business. So, there are legal limits to what they
can and cannot do.

heavily moderated so that means ... if they don't like the way you look,
smell, act, spell, who you pray to or WHATEVER ... buh bye!

Without the OP getting the specifics of the banning directly from CC,
there's is no way to determining whether it was legally justifiable.

And it is the moderator aspect that made most people jump away from here
and go over there in the first place. They just couldn't get themselves
to ignore the spammers, politicos, people with an axe to grind,
perverts, religious haters, etc.

Legal action ... bah!! Just drop them a note asking why. If nothing,

If you had read my post more thoroughly, you would have seen that was my
first recommendation towards resolution.

then just put your big boy (or big girl) pants on and move on. And if
something like this bruises your ego, then maybe you should stay off
public forums since they are ALL filled with people that may offend YOU!

I was not the one banned. The one who was felt she was done so unjustly.

Stef

[email protected] January 5th, 2013 06:03 PM

Cruise Critic, Banned!

I just wanted to know if I am the only one. Seems like I might be. What a distinction, even Hitler wasn't banned from Cruise Critic!

And I say fine. It was just a big waste of time. How often can I read the food was "yummy" and the beds were "comfy"?

I'm thinking cruising is for people afraid of the real world. Everything is planned and controled. There is no place on the ship to get a picture that hasn't been taken a hundred times before. The crew are all programed to respond politely. Even the port stops are a controlled experience. No wonder the old folks at CC were afraid of me.

I went on two fine cruises. I've also been to DisneyWorld. They were memorable, controled experiences, but I have no desire to repeat them. I have other adventures to explore before my time is up here.

As for suing them, it is not my desire. If some lawyer has nothing better to do, I'd lend my name just for the experience.

Charles[_1_] January 5th, 2013 07:31 PM

Cruise Critic, Banned!

In article ,
wrote:

I was just curious if this banning is common? I've gotten along swell
without Cruise Critic for nearly all my life, and I'm sure we'll both
continue to get along fine without each other in the future. One just has to
wonder how objective the reviews are on CC and TripAdvisor, if some voices are censored.

Cruise Critic is heavily moderated and they are aggressive about
deleting pots and threads. Never heard of a lifetime ban. Have to
wonder what you said. I will look at those threads but i assume they
also deleted your posts.

--
Charles

[email protected] January 5th, 2013 07:51 PM

Cruise Critic, Banned!

On Saturday, January 5, 2013 10:31:46 AM UTC-8, Charles wrote:
In article ,

wrote:

I was just curious if this banning is common? I've gotten along swell

without Cruise Critic for nearly all my life, and I'm sure we'll both

continue to get along fine without each other in the future. One just has to

wonder how objective the reviews are on CC and TripAdvisor, if some voices are censored.

Cruise Critic is heavily moderated and they are aggressive about

deleting pots and threads. Never heard of a lifetime ban. Have to

wonder what you said. I will look at those threads but i assume they

also deleted your posts.

--

Charles

Cruise Critic name is SusanSmithJr

Charles[_1_] January 5th, 2013 09:39 PM

Cruise Critic, Banned!

wrote:

I was just curious if this banning is common? I've gotten along swell

without Cruise Critic for nearly all my life, and I'm sure we'll both

continue to get along fine without each other in the future. One just has

wonder how objective the reviews are on CC and TripAdvisor, if some
voices are censored.

Cruise Critic is heavily moderated and they are aggressive about

deleting pots and threads. Never heard of a lifetime ban. Have to

wonder what you said. I will look at those threads but i assume they

also deleted your posts.

--

Charles

Cruise Critic name is SusanSmithJr

I found posts by you in the Princess Norovirus thread but I could not
find the Islamic post. It must have been removed. You did title one of
your posts "Will this message also be removed?" Something you were
posting must have been determined by them to be very offensive for them
to ban you. Or the other reason they ban besides advertising is if they
find you are posting under more than one screen name.

As I mentioned they moderate very aggressively. They are a money making
site and sell ads selling cruises so none should expect their community
is not about their bottom line.

--
Charles

Stefan Patric[_3_] January 6th, 2013 05:02 AM

Cruise Critic, Banned!

On Sat, 05 Jan 2013 09:03:48 -0800, wilma6116 wrote:

[...]

At the very least, you should contact Cruise Critic in writing for the
reason you were banned. Could be you were mistakenly banned. It happens.

Stef

rec.travel.cruises[_3_] January 7th, 2013 11:16 PM

Cruise Critic, Banned!

On Thursday, January 3, 2013 4:48:28 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Your posting privileges have been suspended for the following reason:

No reason was specified.

Date the suspension will be lifted: Never

Anyone else suspended? For life!!!

Comeon, you know you were told what you did to get yourself banned. What is your user name on Cruise Critic. I'll email them and complain that they banned you for "no" reason given. hahahahaha

[email protected] January 8th, 2013 12:42 AM

Cruise Critic, Banned!

On Monday, January 7, 2013 2:16:35 PM UTC-8, rec.travel.cruises wrote:
On Thursday, January 3, 2013 4:48:28 PM UTC-5, wrote:

Your posting privileges have been suspended for the following reason:

No reason was specified.

Date the suspension will be lifted: Never

Anyone else suspended? For life!!!

Comeon, you know you were told what you did to get yourself banned. What is your user name on Cruise Critic. I'll email them and complain that they banned you for "no" reason given. hahahahaha

Read the posts. I posted my user name. I cut and pasted the screen I get if I even try to get on the community board. I recieved no e-mails, and I no longer recieve 'exclusive member' offers from every third world rust bucket in cahoots with CC.

I no longer care, it's not such a big deal. I tried cruise ships, it was fun, but there are other things I want to do.

I don't have the need to warn everyone about cruise ships. They are a opretty good deal. It is a way to meet people from all over the world (on board) who don't want to slit your throat and steal your wallet. Pretty good deal for $11.50 per day in tips.

The vacation I took previous to cruising was to Deadwood, SD where I played poker near where Wild Bill died.

Before that I went camping near Death Valley, no room stewert, but lots of peace and quiet.

There are plenty of things to do for $100/day dbl occ.

But if you want to start a petition to have me re-instated on The Critic, god bless you.

Bert[_2_] January 8th, 2013 12:59 AM

Cruise Critic, Banned!

In
wrote:

Read the posts. I posted my user name. I cut and pasted the screen I
get if I even try to get on the community board.

When? In what newsgroup? Under what user name?

--
St. Paul, MN

Charles[_1_] January 8th, 2013 02:35 AM

Cruise Critic, Banned!

In article ,
wrote:

[...]

We can't see though what was in any removed posts.

I would contact them because it is possible you are not banned since
they did not send you a message giving a reason from the moderators. My
understanding is that they have give reasons in the past. On another
cruise site where there were a number of Cruise Critic refugees that
migrated there after they got into a spat with the moderators about off
topic posts and were banned, they posted the messages they got from the
moderators which gave reasons. That message could be in error that you
get when you try and get on the board. That kind of message is likely
being generated because of the IP address you are using. That IP
address might have been used by someone else in the past who was
banned. (IP addresses get reused by many ISP's). Any chance you are
using a proxy server or VPN?

--
Charles

[email protected] January 8th, 2013 03:09 AM

Cruise Critic, Banned!

On Monday, January 7, 2013 5:35:54 PM UTC-8, Charles wrote:

[...]

About half of what I posted was removed each time (about two hundred posts total, as I seem to not have a life).

There were two topics they removed often. One had to do with the fact that I thought not have a hand-held shower was unsanitary. I am willing to do without a bidet, but the absence of a hand-held is too much. Also, it may be why Princess has more Noro virus problems.

The other bone of contention was my sense of humor. I offered that giving religous tracts in lieu of cas tips was a GREAT idea. The costs can be as little as a penny a piece, but could save someone from an unattractive eternity. A win/win situation! Otherwise, just pay the tips and don't get all fancy with gift certificates or home-made fudge.

The first round of umbrage I experience there, was when I bragged I bought gifts of diamonds and gold for friends. In Alaska, the t-shirt shops have "black diamond" necklaces for a buck, and little vials of gold flakes for two. You'd have thought I had personally wrung the neck of the baby Jebus by the response I got for that. That'll teach me not to shop Diamonds International.

I think people who cruise are looking for a "safe" holiday. Those who frequent CC are looking for a safe internet experience. I guess I just rocked the boat too much for their delicate nature.

Charles[_1_] January 11th, 2013 03:50 AM

Cruise Critic, Banned!

In article ,
wrote:

[...]

I think all kinds of people cruise with various types of holidays in
mind. Those who post on Cruise Critic are looking for information. The
aggressive moderation is due to the fact that it is a commercial
enterprise and that they are trying to sell cruises and advertising to
cruise lines. It is what it is.if you are going on a cruise you can get
useful information. Don't be confused by the "Critic" part of their
name. They are part of the Cruise industry.

Sounds like your posts about Alaska were funny. I hated seeing Diamonds
International and their ilk at the Alaska ports.

I don't see why hand held showers would have anything to do with Noro.
Could you illuminate me on your theory about that? Also cruise lines
with hand held showers have Noro. And I don't think Noro outbreaks on
Princess are more or less than on other cruise lines.

--
Charles

[email protected] January 11th, 2013 06:19 AM

Cruise Critic, Banned!

On Thursday, January 10, 2013 6:50:50 PM UTC-8, Charles wrote:

I don't see why hand held showers would have anything to do with Noro.

Could you illuminate me on your theory about that? Also cruise lines

with hand held showers have Noro. And I don't think Noro outbreaks on

Princess are more or less than on other cruise lines.

I can't access the CC community boards, but it was presented as fact that Princess had an excess amount of Noro outbreaks.

It either has to be the customers, the staff, the supplies, or the ship. I have only cruised twice, once with HAL and once with Princess. I didn't notice any fundemental difference between the two customer makeup, and both crews seemed top-notch profesional. The supplies I saw didn't seem substantially different. The most obvious difference is with the showerheads, HAL having hand-held and Princess being the minority without... Ergo, my conclusion.

The transmission of Norovirus is human to human, and is directly related to hygene.

If you've never had a hand-held shower, I would suggest you spend $20 to get one. If you had one you wouldn't want to go back. And even if you did want to go back, the hand-held is excellent fixed in place.

If I'm going to be asea with thousands of others, all in tight quarters, and with no chance of escape, I want everyone squeeky clean, even in those hard to reach places. More than once I got on an elevator with passengers who seemed to have neglected washing because they were on holiday.

RayC January 11th, 2013 08:41 AM

Cruise Critic, Banned!

On 1/10/2013 9:19 PM, wrote:

More than once I got on an elevator with passengers who seemed to have neglected washing because they were on holiday.

No ... they neglected washing because they are slobs!

--

Ray
+++++++++++++++++++++++

Charles[_1_] January 12th, 2013 02:48 AM

Cruise Critic, Banned!

In article ,
wrote:

[...]

It is not a fact that Princess has an excess amount of Noro outbreaks.
There are outbreaks at certain times of the year on all cruise lines.
There are also outbreaks at schools, nursing homes etc, anywhere groups
of people are together. When my mother was in assisted living they had
outbreaks every other year. And they had hand held showers! Cruise
ships just happen to get the most media attention.

As for having had a hand held shower, I have been on 42 cruises, many
with a hand held shower, including both HAL and Celebrity and other
lines with them. I think they are a premium feature which I like but
lack of one is not a deal breaker for me.

As far as hygiene the main cause of Noro is inadequate hand washing
after using the toilet.

--
Charles

Brian K January 12th, 2013 07:53 PM

Cruise Critic, Banned!

On 1/5/2013 12:03 PM, wrote:
[...]

I have training as a professional photographer. I disagree with the
statement that there is no place on a ship that has been photographed
before. (The implication being that there are no more original ways to
photograph the ship.) With a little imagination even the most
rudimentary amateur can take a stunningly original photograph.

As for the controlled environment statement. There is nothing to keep
you from going off the beaten path to experience something new and have
a richly fulfilling adventure. One of my favorite things to do in a
port-of-call is to roam the back streets and visit places that haven't
been "discovered" and included in the main tourist zone. I'm sure that I
am not the only person that thinks this way. With a little bit of
looking you can find something to interest you on Cruise Critic or any
other travel board. I don't post there frequently, but when I do I often
mention some of my discoveries and offer tips on how not to look like a
wealthy tourist mark for unsavory characters to take advantage of.

Brian K January 12th, 2013 08:19 PM

Cruise Critic, Banned!

On 1/7/2013 9:09 PM, wrote:
[...]

Norovirus like any virus is spread by hand to mouth/nose/eyes or any
part of the body you touch after touching a surface where the virus is
present. The key is to wash your hands frequently. Having a hand held
shower is not going to make any difference. As for cleanliness, whatever
did people do before hand held showers? They used a washcloth and
scrubbed. Then they rinsed. If you put the towels and washcloth on the
floor when done, you will get fresh ones when the room is made up. I
believe you mentioned going camping. I have gone camping and have yet to
encounter a bidet or hand held shower. What did you do there? By your
line thought the norovirus must have run rampant throughout the camp site.

[...]

I once posted something on CC which was removed. I got a personal email
from the moderator giving me the reason why the post was removed. Are
you possibly leaving out the parts where you were given reasons why your
posts were removed, and why you were banned? Most boards including CC
will give you a reason why you were banned. They also don't do it for
frivolous reasons.

Brian K January 12th, 2013 08:30 PM

Cruise Critic, Banned!

On 1/11/2013 12:19 AM, wrote:
[...]

I will repeat what I've said earlier. Norovirus is a virus. Just like
the flu or common cold it is spread by touching a surface where the
virus is present and then touching eyes/mouth/nose. Having a hand held
shower is not going to make much difference if the infected person
doesn't wash their hands and touches elevator buttons, hand rails, door
knobs...etc. Then someone touches the same surfaces and doesn't wash
their hands, then touches nose/mouth/eyes, they'll get infected.

If you are infected you can take a hand-held shower in the morning, but
that won't guarantee that you aren't spreading the virus. That is why on
some cruise ships infected guests are asked to remain in their cabins to
limit spreading the disease.

[email protected] January 13th, 2013 05:48 PM

Cruise Critic, Banned!

On Saturday, January 12, 2013 11:19:21 AM UTC-8, Brian K wrote:

I once posted something on CC which was removed. I got a personal email

from the moderator giving me the reason why the post was removed. Are

you possibly leaving out the parts where you were given reasons why your

posts were removed, and why you were banned? Most boards including CC

will give you a reason why you were banned. They also don't do it for

frivolous reasons.

I've told you, I've cut and pasted the screen I get if I try to visit. If you don't believe me, fine.

[email protected] January 13th, 2013 05:50 PM

Cruise Critic, Banned!

On Saturday, January 12, 2013 11:30:05 AM UTC-8, Brian K wrote:

I will repeat what I've said earlier. Norovirus is a virus. Just like

the flu or common cold it is spread by touching a surface where the

virus is present and then touching eyes/mouth/nose.

or...

"According to the Food & Drug Administration (FDA), although there are cases of noro illness transmitted by hand-to-hand contact, the most likely cause of a norovirus outbreak is contaminated water. Contaminated food is also a likely culprit.

"But if you study the last one hundred cruise ship norovirus cases, one thing is certain - the cruise line will always blame the passengers for bringing the virus aboard." http://www.cruiselawnews.com/tags/noro-virus/

[email protected] January 13th, 2013 06:05 PM

Cruise Critic, Banned!

On Saturday, January 12, 2013 11:30:05 AM UTC-8, Brian K wrote:

I will repeat what I've said earlier. Norovirus is a virus. Just like

the flu or common cold it is spread by touching a surface where the

virus is present and then touching eyes/mouth/nose. Having a hand held

shower is not going to make much difference if the infected person

doesn't wash their hands and touches elevator buttons, hand rails, door

knobs...etc. Then someone touches the same surfaces and doesn't wash

their hands, then touches nose/mouth/eyes, they'll get infected.

If you are infected you can take a hand-held shower in the morning, but

that won't guarantee that you aren't spreading the virus. That is why on

some cruise ships infected guests are asked to remain in their cabins to

limit spreading the disease.

If everyone was clean, then the chances of disease transmission would be reduced. Making it easier to keep clean, would certainly decrease the chances.

I'm not asking that a bidet be provided ("Lookey here Paw, a place to wash our clothes"), but a shower where on can actually turn around in, one where the chower curtain doesnt act like a boa constrictor, that actually keeps water in the pan, maybe some antibacterial soap, and soap dispensers instead of bar soap.

I'm not so worried about Noro, it is self limiting and usually has no lasting effects. I am more concerned with things like hepititis, TB, Legionnaire, and various staph type infections. Noro is quick to manifest, whereas the others often may fulminate for a period of time. But Noro is indicitive of the disease transmission capability of a ship.

[email protected] January 13th, 2013 06:13 PM

Cruise Critic, Banned!

On Saturday, January 12, 2013 11:19:21 AM UTC-8, Brian K wrote:

Norovirus like any virus is spread by hand to mouth/nose/eyes or any

part of the body you touch after touching a surface where the virus is

present. The key is to wash your hands frequently. Having a hand held

shower is not going to make any difference. As for cleanliness, whatever

did people do before hand held showers? They used a washcloth and

scrubbed. Then they rinsed. If you put the towels and washcloth on the

floor when done, you will get fresh ones when the room is made up. I

believe you mentioned going camping. I have gone camping and have yet to

encounter a bidet or hand held shower. What did you do there? By your

line thought the norovirus must have run rampant throughout the camp site..

Well, first off, camping I am not packed asses to elbows with thousands of strangers. I am in complete control with the food I eat and how it is prepared. If I camp for just a day or two, everything is disposable, used once and then discarded. If I camp for longer I am very meticulous about cleaning. There are some very nasty diseases to be picked up in the outdoors. Noro would be something I'd pick up from the supply store.

Besides, I am nearing the end of my camping days. My body just doesn't take crawling out of a sleeping bag to vist the commode like it did when I was younger.

RayC January 14th, 2013 04:25 AM

Cruise Critic, Banned!

On 1/13/2013 8:50 AM, wrote:

or...

"According to the Food & Drug Administration (FDA), although there are
cases of noro illness transmitted by hand-to-hand contact, the most

likely
cause of a norovirus outbreak is contaminated water. Contaminated

food is
also a likely culprit.

If it is contaminated water, then the hand held shower will do nothing.

I suggest the contaminated food ... from the people touching everything
with their poop contaminated hands.

I was on a Princess cruise that on the second day, a couple of cruisers
showed up with symptoms and they immediately shifted to having only the
kitchen staff serve at the buffet. Nobody could touch anything but
their plates. May have been a coincidence ... but no more problem for
that cruise!

Let's face it ... we allow this stuff to grow with our bad habits. We
don't wash as well as we should. We don't all use the disinfectant hand
stations at the buffet like we should. And we let our kids run into the
food areas and touch everything!

--

Ray
+++++++++++++++++++++++

[email protected] January 21st, 2013 12:01 AM

Cruise Critic, Banned!

Norovirus like any virus is spread by hand to mouth/nose/eyes or any
part of the body you touch after touching a surface where the virus is
present. The key is to wash your hands frequently. Having a hand held
shower is not going to make any difference. As for cleanliness, whatever
did people do before hand held showers? They used a washcloth and
scrubbed. Then they rinsed. If you put the towels and washcloth on the
floor when done, you will get fresh ones when the room is made up. I
believe you mentioned going camping. I have gone camping and have yet to
encounter a bidet or hand held shower. What did you do there? By your
line thought the norovirus must have run rampant throughout the camp site.

In the old days, we did not have showers. When I was on a ship in
1950, there was a sink and a separate bathtub in a separate room on
the ship which you made an appointment to use. The steward would
'draw your bath'. At my house when I was pre-high school age, there
was a claw-foot tub. We washed with a washcloth and did not get a
bath more tan about once a week unless we were actually dirty. My
mother washed our hair in the sink. If we went camping, we would go
to a motel about every three days so we could have a bath. I didn't
move into a house with a shower until about 1950.

I DO appreciate a hand held shower because I normally (at home) sit to
shower. If I can't do that the shower has to be extremely brief
because I can't stand for long without pain. On this last cruise we
had a tub, and I asked for a shower chair.. They said I couldn't have
one because I might fall. I don't understand that logic. I think the
most obvious place to fall is getting into or out of the tub - not
sitting in a chair in the tub to shower. So I sat on the edge and
tried not to get too much water on the floor

Some ships are more vigilant about noro than others. I've been on
both kinds.

The last several cruises I've been on, I've gotten sick, but not with
noro. In 2009, my granddaughter got a cold and gave it to me
(thanks!) and it turned into bronchitis. In 2011 I got pneumonia, but
not from a cruise ship. I was sick for months. In 2012 in the
winter, people got on with the flu, and I got it and it took me a
long time to get over it. (I had a flu shot but I was in Australia and
it wasn't a protection against the Australian variety) This last
cruise (Jan 2013), my husband got a cold which I think has turned into
bronchitis, and now I've got it. He can't even blame it on flying
because we drove to the cruise.

..

[...]

[email protected] February 14th, 2013 04:20 AM

Cruise Critic, Banned!

On Thursday, January 3, 2013 1:48:28 PM UTC-8, wrote:
Your posting privileges have been suspended for the following reason:

No reason was specified.

Date the suspension will be lifted: Never

Anyone else suspended? For life!!!

I'm baaack! CC let me sign up as a new character, new name, new password, everything!

But now I wouldn't care if I ever cruise again. Yet Cruise Critic is all abuzz... Are the pizzas still "yummy", and which beds are "comfy"? And how generous Princess is to refund everybody's money on the cruise to Hell, and being so kind as to offer a 25% off coupon on their next cruise (must be used by 8/28/12), those cruisers are so lucky.

[email protected] May 25th, 2017 03:14 PM

Cruise Critic, Banned!

I was banned recently for no good reason. They will not even point out the post that may have been in violation. CC is heavily censored and Laura S is a heavy handed Nazi ruler.

Ed (mouse) May 25th, 2017 05:05 PM

Cruise Critic, Banned!

wrote:

iguI was banned recently for no good reason. They will not even point
out the post that may have been in violation. CC is heavily censored
and Laura S is a heavy handed Nazi ruler.

What happened, did you say something positive about Carnival?
You should know better. Those people are not worth your time!