TravelBanter

-   Europe (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   NAAFA's Airline Tips for Fat People (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=9721)

Martin W. Smith September 11th, 2003 12:17 PM

NAAFA's Airline Tips for Fat People

Mxsmanic wrote:

Martin W. Smith writes:

Yes, but if you eat it, you will probably die.

While the toxicity of aluminum at low, repeated doses seems established,
I'm not aware of any studies of acute toxicity following massive
ingestion of aluminum or its compounds. Any pointers? My guess is that
it is _not_ fatal at any achievable dose, particularly for elemental
aluminum and indigestible compounds. Even mercury is not highly toxic
in its elemental form--at one time, swallowing mercury was an accepted
therapy for GI tract obstruction.

No studies. Go ahead and eat all you want.

http://www.hints-n-tips.com/avoidingal.htm
http://www.healthfree.com/paa0008.htm

martin

--
Draft Wesley Clark for President!
www.DraftWesleyClark.com

Martin Smith email:

Mxsmanic September 11th, 2003 03:24 PM

Martin W. Smith writes:

No studies. Go ahead and eat all you want.

http://www.hints-n-tips.com/avoidingal.htm
http://www.healthfree.com/paa0008.htm

I always avoid sites with names like hints-n-tips or healthfree. I like
sites with names ending in .edu or .gov.

BJ in Texas September 11th, 2003 03:41 PM

Mxsmanic wrote:
Martin W. Smith writes:

No studies. Go ahead and eat all you want.

http://www.hints-n-tips.com/avoidingal.htm
http://www.healthfree.com/paa0008.htm

I always avoid sites with names like hints-n-tips or
healthfree. I like sites with names ending in .edu or .gov.

And of those I am suspect! :-) BJ