TravelBanter

-   Europe (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   S: Hotel in London near Heathrow airport (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=39464)

Sebastian Albrecht August 20th, 2004 10:30 AM

S: Hotel in London near Heathrow airport

Hello,
for a short stay in London I am looking for a hotel near the Heathrow
airport with good connection to the city centre and airport transfer
if possible.
It should be a middle class hotel, not the Holiday Inn but not too
cheap, too.
Does anyone have experiences or a proposal?
Regards,
Sebastian

Calif Bill August 20th, 2004 07:14 PM

"Sebastian Albrecht" wrote in message
m...
Hello,
for a short stay in London I am looking for a hotel near the Heathrow
airport with good connection to the city centre and airport transfer
if possible.
It should be a middle class hotel, not the Holiday Inn but not too
cheap, too.
Does anyone have experiences or a proposal?
Regards,
Sebastian

Can not remember the name of the hotel we stayed in near Paddington Station.
There is a direct train to Heathrow, with checkin at Paddington station for
most airlines. Quick metro to city center.

Calif Bill August 20th, 2004 07:14 PM

"Sebastian Albrecht" wrote in message
m...
Hello,
for a short stay in London I am looking for a hotel near the Heathrow
airport with good connection to the city centre and airport transfer
if possible.
It should be a middle class hotel, not the Holiday Inn but not too
cheap, too.
Does anyone have experiences or a proposal?
Regards,
Sebastian

Can not remember the name of the hotel we stayed in near Paddington Station.
There is a direct train to Heathrow, with checkin at Paddington station for
most airlines. Quick metro to city center.

Mark Hewitt August 20th, 2004 08:14 PM

"Sebastian Albrecht" wrote in message
m...
Hello,
for a short stay in London I am looking for a hotel near the Heathrow
airport with good connection to the city centre and airport transfer
if possible.
It should be a middle class hotel, not the Holiday Inn but not too
cheap, too.
Does anyone have experiences or a proposal?

What do you mean by middle class? Personally I would class Holiday Inn as
such.

But there is also a Sheraton, Travelodge (don't *ever* got there!) and a
Travel Inn.

Mark Hewitt August 20th, 2004 08:14 PM

"Sebastian Albrecht" wrote in message
m...
Hello,
for a short stay in London I am looking for a hotel near the Heathrow
airport with good connection to the city centre and airport transfer
if possible.
It should be a middle class hotel, not the Holiday Inn but not too
cheap, too.
Does anyone have experiences or a proposal?

What do you mean by middle class? Personally I would class Holiday Inn as
such.

But there is also a Sheraton, Travelodge (don't *ever* got there!) and a
Travel Inn.

Charles Hawtrey August 21st, 2004 03:58 AM

"Calif Bill" climbed onto an orange
crate and shouted:

"Sebastian Albrecht" wrote in message
om...
Hello,
for a short stay in London I am looking for a hotel near the Heathrow
airport with good connection to the city centre and airport transfer
if possible.
It should be a middle class hotel, not the Holiday Inn but not too
cheap, too.
Does anyone have experiences or a proposal?
Regards,
Sebastian

Can not remember the name of the hotel we stayed in near Paddington Station.
There is a direct train to Heathrow, with checkin at Paddington station for
most airlines. Quick metro to city center.

I second the recommendation to stay near Paddington. I stayed near
Heathrow once because I thought it would be better for an early
flight, but the shuttle was so slow that there was no advantage.

--
The bass player is like a good offensive line. The team sucks when you
are not on your game. When you're on your game, everyone congratulates