TravelBanter

-   USA & Canada (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Travel insurance for domestic travel? (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=174302)

Bert[_2_] November 22nd, 2011 12:48 PM

Travel insurance for domestic travel?

For the first time, we're considering travel insurance for an upcoming
domestic vacation.

We're only interested in covering the cases of either having to cancel
the whole affair or return early in the event of some crisis involving
my wife's elderly parents.

I'd appreciate some suggestions and recommendations of decent providers
for that kind of coverage.

--
St. Paul, MN

Graham Harrison[_3_] November 22nd, 2011 09:32 PM

Travel insurance for domestic travel?

"Bert" wrote in message
. ..
For the first time, we're considering travel insurance for an upcoming
domestic vacation.

We're only interested in covering the cases of either having to cancel
the whole affair or return early in the event of some crisis involving
my wife's elderly parents.

I'd appreciate some suggestions and recommendations of decent providers
for that kind of coverage.

--
St. Paul, MN

Make sure you are truly covered by what you buy. In most/many cases you
may not be covered by known issues (such as elderly parents).

Bert[_2_] November 22nd, 2011 11:44 PM

Travel insurance for domestic travel?

In "Graham Harrison"
wrote:

In most/many cases you may not be covered by known issues (such as
elderly parents).

I hope "being old" isn't considered a pre-existing condition!

I see specific mention of pre-existing conditions on the few Web sites
I've visited, but haven't dug down to see exactly what they're talking
about.

Again though, any suggestions on legit providers who won't try too hard
to screw us?

--
St. Paul, MN

DevilsPGD[_3_] November 23rd, 2011 03:06 AM

Travel insurance for domestic travel?

In message someone
claiming to be Bert typed:

Again though, any suggestions on legit providers who won't try too hard
to screw us?

I thought you're asking about insurance companies?

--
It's always darkest before dawn. So if you're going to
steal your neighbor's newspaper, that's the time to do it.

vikasbook December 22nd, 2011 12:54 PM

Domestic vacation or international Travel insurance is really important as this post is giving insight information about that