TravelBanter

-   Australia & New Zealand (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   American Toilets (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=147414)

Dick Adams[_2_] December 13th, 2008 10:12 PM

American Toilets

The typical home in the States has 2 toilets. Almost all
have a full bathroom with a toilet, sink, and a bathtub
with a shower included. Many have an additional half-bath
which is a toilet and a sink. So you will see homes for
sale with 1 bath, 1-1/2 bath. 2 bath, etc. In my travels
outside of North America, I have always found the toilets
to be preferrable. There are two types of U.S. Toilets:
with tank and tankless. The tankless toilets are far better
and do not require the trusty plungers.

My only criticism of the Australian bathroom is the
stand-alone, rim-less shower that is beveled toward the
drain in the corner. While it is an exceptionally good
use of space and makes rinsing the bathroom floor much
more efficient, I'm use to taking a shower in a tub so
that I can soak my feet while showering.

Dick
- If you want aa preview of Heaven, visit North Carolina.

Runge13[_2_] December 13th, 2008 11:44 PM

American Toilets

Very interesting...so what ?

"Dick Adams" a écrit dans le message de
[...]

Why_is_everyone_so_cruel December 14th, 2008 07:54 PM

American Toilets

"Runge13" wrote in message
Very interesting...so what ?

Another Kenny wannabe?

Qanset December 26th, 2008 02:14 AM

American Toilets

Dick Adams wrote:
The typical home in the States has 2 toilets. Almost all
have a full bathroom with a toilet, sink, and a bathtub
with a shower included. Many have an additional half-bath
which is a toilet and a sink. So you will see homes for
sale with 1 bath, 1-1/2 bath. 2 bath, etc. In my travels
outside of North America, I have always found the toilets
to be preferrable. There are two types of U.S. Toilets:
with tank and tankless. The tankless toilets are far better
and do not require the trusty plungers.

My only criticism of the Australian bathroom is the
stand-alone, rim-less shower that is beveled toward the
drain in the corner. While it is an exceptionally good
use of space and makes rinsing the bathroom floor much
more efficient, I'm use to taking a shower in a tub so
that I can soak my feet while showering.

I have owned two houses where there was a Shower installed over the
bath, encircled by a shower curtain. It sames on space, expense and
definitely easier to keep clean. Shower cabinets are too expensive to
install and harder to keep clean, not to mention the valuable space they
waste.