TravelBanter

-   Cruises (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Spring Cruises to the Greek Isles (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=163261)

Surfer E2468 March 4th, 2010 10:08 PM

Spring Cruises to the Greek Isles

All we had to worry about when we wentto greece are the bomb threats our
hotel was receiving during the war with kosovo,received them at the
hotel,when on board pacific princess,and at the cruise port in greece.
Did not do to fret about them since we were already there.Just took them
in stride

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..

Jeff Gersten March 5th, 2010 02:17 PM

(Surfer*E2468) wrote:

All we had to worry about when we wentto
greece are the bomb threats our hotel was
receiving during the war with kosovo,received
them at the hotel,when on board pacific
princess,and at the cruise port in greece. Did
not do to fret about them since we were
already there.Just took them in stride

Reading this thread makes me very happy we did our Greek Isles cruise
last summer.

The one worry we had was whether our port call in Athens would be
cancelled due to the raging fire near Athens that we read about in the
NY Times news digest distributed by HAL.

Becca March 5th, 2010 05:24 PM

Surfer E2468 wrote:
All we had to worry about when we wentto greece are the bomb threats our
hotel was receiving during the war with kosovo,received them at the
hotel,when on board pacific princess,and at the cruise port in greece.
Did not do to fret about them since we were already there.Just took them
in stride

That is a good attitude to take. There is no sense in giving up on
living until you're dead.

Becca

Surfer E2468 March 5th, 2010 10:27 PM

Spring Cruises to the Greek Isles

From the time you are born it is already deemed when and how you will
die.

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..

*muz* March 5th, 2010 11:14 PM

Spring Cruises to the Greek Isles

"Surfer E2468" wrote in message
: From the time you are born it is already deemed when and how you will
: die.
Annie, my plan is to cheat the devil his due...and God laughed!

Charles[_1_] March 6th, 2010 12:53 AM

Spring Cruises to the Greek Isles

In article , Jeff
Gersten wrote:

Reading this thread makes me very happy we did our Greek Isles cruise
last summer.

I don't see any reason not to do the Greek Isles this spring or summer.

Some seem to get scared of shadows....

--
Charles

Brian K[_2_] March 6th, 2010 04:36 AM

Spring Cruises to the Greek Isles

Surfer E2468 plucked Senior Frog's Magic Twanger and said On 3/5/2010
5:27 PM:
From the time you are born it is already deemed when and how you will
die.

cruise lover(~~~~~)

This is true only if you are a fatalist. I believe everything that
happens is driven by the choices we make and the actions we take.
Nothing is preordained other then our mortality.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera

View My Web Pages: http://home.earthlink.net/~brian1951
My Shutterfly Page http://photosbybrianmk.shutterfly.com/

Charles[_1_] March 6th, 2010 11:40 AM

Spring Cruises to the Greek Isles

In article , Brian K
wrote:

This is true only if you are a fatalist. I believe everything that
happens is driven by the choices we make and the actions we take.
Nothing is preordained other then our mortality.

It is preordained that we will die. It is not preordained when you are
born when and how you will die as Annie seems to be saying. However not
everything that happens is driven by the choices or actions we take.
The actions and choices of others can also effect when we die.

--
Charles

Jeff Gersten March 6th, 2010 12:03 PM

Spring Cruises to the Greek Isles

lid (Charles) wrote:

In article , Jeff
Gersten wrote:

Reading this thread makes me very happy
we did our Greek Isles cruise last summer.

I don't see any reason not to do the Greek
Isles this spring or summer.

Some seem to get scared of shadows....

Actually, I was happy we did our Greek Isles cruise last summer before
reading this thread, especially since HAL had sent us an offer too good
to refuse. The "sale prices" they are touting in offers they have sent
us for the upcoming summer are 40% higher.

Brian K[_2_] March 7th, 2010 10:26 PM

OT Fatalism was ( Spring Cruises to the Greek Isles

Charles plucked Senior Frog's Magic Twanger and said On 3/6/2010 6:40 AM:
In articlelrudnbfGO6JwRgzWnZ2dnUVZ_gWdnZ2d@earthlink .com, Brian K
wrote:

This is true only if you are a fatalist. I believe everything that
happens is driven by the choices we make and the actions we take.
Nothing is preordained other then our mortality.

It is preordained that we will die. It is not preordained when you are
born when and how you will die as Annie seems to be saying. However not
everything that happens is driven by the choices or actions we take.
The actions and choices of others can also effect when we die.

Have you heard of the Butterfly Theory? Basically, it extends
Eienstine's Theory of Relativity. "For every action there is an equil
and opposite reaction, Matter is not destroyed only transformed." I.E.
If you step on a butterfly that action could cause the rise of a planet
with sentient beings, or some other form of creation. If you drink a
glass of water a someone may vomit somewhere or something may expel a
fluid somewhere. When you are born, someone may die or something in the
universe may cease to exist. Every choice you make every action you
take can effect when, where, and how you die.

--
________