TravelBanter

-   Europe (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Eorostar tickets through the net (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=182211)

Athel Cornish-Bowden March 22nd, 2016 06:48 PM

Eorostar tickets through the net

Does anyone have experience of buying Eurostar tickets through their
website? I had a very frustrating experience today as it insisted that
my email address was invalid, despite having successfully sent a
message to exactly that address earlier in the day. Fortunately there
is an SNCF (French Railways) office not far from where I live, and I
can buy Eurostar tickets there.

--
athel

Sheila Page[_2_] March 22nd, 2016 10:13 PM

Eorostar tickets through the net

In message , Athel Cornish-Bowden
writes
Does anyone have experience of buying Eurostar tickets through their
website? I had a very frustrating experience today as it insisted that
my email address was invalid, despite having successfully sent a
message to exactly that address earlier in the day. Fortunately there
is an SNCF (French Railways) office not far from where I live, and I
can buy Eurostar tickets there.

I've done it, often, without problems (well, without that problem). Did
you specify your location or starting point as a different country from
the one where you have your email?

Sheila
--
---
Sheila Page

Athel Cornish-Bowden March 23rd, 2016 07:55 AM

On 2016-03-22 22:13:41 +0000, Sheila Page said:

In message , Athel Cornish-Bowden
writes
Does anyone have experience of buying Eurostar tickets through their
website? I had a very frustrating experience today as it insisted that
my email address was invalid, despite having successfully sent a
message to exactly that address earlier in the day. Fortunately there
is an SNCF (French Railways) office not far from where I live, and I
can buy Eurostar tickets there.

I've done it, often, without problems (well, without that problem).
Did you specify your location or starting point as a different country
from the one where you have your email?

No. My email address has .fr, I was accessing it from France, and I
entered a home address in France.

In a few minutes I'll go to the SNCF office and see if I can do it
there. It'll probably be more expensive, but if it avoids all the
frustration with the web site I'll put up with it.

--
athel

Athel Cornish-Bowden March 27th, 2016 08:49 AM

On 2016-03-25 17:00:57 +0000, Wolfgang Schwanke said:

nusual characters in your email address? If
you have one without any usual characters, pershaps you could try that
instead.

No, it's as simple an address as you could imagine -- maybe not as
simple as academic addresses in Spain tend to be, of the form
, but getting there. No strange characters.

In your signature, you say: "John Peel is not enough". I was at school
with John Peel, but I didn't know him. I knew his borther, who was my
age.

--
athel