TravelBanter

-   Asia (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Cost and danger of travelling in Thailand (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=5480)

Richard December 15th, 2003 12:39 PM

Cost and danger of travelling in Thailand

Hi,

I am planning to go to Thailand for a month in February. How much
money do I need? I want to visit Bangkok as well as most of the country. I
am planning to go there alone ( I was originally planning to go there with
my girlfriend but we broke up). Is Thailand dangerous for a white man? Is
there some place to avoid?

Thanks,

Richard

Christopher December 15th, 2003 02:40 PM

Cost and danger of travelling in Thailand

"""White Man""" !!!##$$??

Thailand is probably more dangerous for a Black Man !! What color was your
girlfriend - green ?

Thailand is as safe as anywhere - if you are really stupid then there is as
much danger in London, New York and Toronto.

Thailand has the full range of prices from 6 star hotels [Oriental, Bangkok]
to backpackers hostels. Street food is extremely cheap but obviously more
expensive in the cities.

First and foremost, leave out the white man syndrome and you might even
enjoy the trip.

"Richard" wrote in message
Hi,

I am planning to go to Thailand for a month in February. How much
money do I need? I want to visit Bangkok as well as most of the country.

am planning to go there alone ( I was originally planning to go there with
my girlfriend but we broke up). Is Thailand dangerous for a white man?

Is
there some place to avoid?

Thanks,

Richard

Dieter Aa December 15th, 2003 02:57 PM

Cost and danger of travelling in Thailand

"Richard" ..
Hi,
I am planning to go to Thailand for a month in February. How much
money do I need? I want to visit Bangkok as well as most of the country.

am planning to go there alone ( I was originally planning to go there with
my girlfriend but we broke up). Is Thailand dangerous for a white man?

Is
there some place to avoid?
Thanks,
Richard

This must be a joke, isn't it ?
Sure you are a real "white men" ?
Which country you are living ?

Richard December 15th, 2003 05:21 PM

"Dieter Aa" Dieter a écrit dans le message de

"Richard" ..
Hi,
I am planning to go to Thailand for a month in February. How much
money do I need? I want to visit Bangkok as well as most of the

country.
am planning to go there alone ( I was originally planning to go there

with
my girlfriend but we broke up). Is Thailand dangerous for a white man?

Is
there some place to avoid?
Thanks,
Richard

This must be a joke, isn't it ?
Sure you are a real "white men" ?
Which country you are living ?

I do not understand what is so funny to say that I am a white man! As
you may know Bush attacked Iraq and since then white people are often
thought to be American and are prime target by many Muslim people. I am
from Canada.

Richard

Miguel Cruz December 15th, 2003 06:53 PM

Richard wrote:
I do not understand what is so funny to say that I am a white man! As
you may know Bush attacked Iraq and since then white people are often
thought to be American and are prime target by many Muslim people. I am
from Canada.

"As you know"?

Yes, Bush attached Iraq.

No, nobody is a "prime target by many Muslim people". You are buying into
silly hysteria.

Also, since Americans make up a tiny share of travelers outside of Europe
and Latin America, it would be silly (and unlikely) for anyone to randomly
assume that light-skinned people were American. Not that it matters.

miguel
--
Hundreds of travel photos from around the world: http://travel.u.nu/

Dieter Aa December 15th, 2003 07:06 PM

Cost and danger of travelling in Thailand

"Miguel Cruz" schreef in bericht
Richard wrote:
I do not understand what is so funny to say that I am a white man! As
you may know Bush attacked Iraq and since then white people are often
thought to be American and are prime target by many Muslim people. I am
from Canada.

"As you know"?

Yes, Bush attached Iraq.

No, nobody is a "prime target by many Muslim people". You are buying into
silly hysteria.

Also, since Americans make up a tiny share of travelers outside of Europe
and Latin America, it would be silly (and unlikely) for anyone to randomly
assume that light-skinned people were American. Not that it matters.
miguel

:)

Kris December 15th, 2003 07:07 PM

Cost and danger of travelling in Thailand

don't worry so much, Thailand is different, no problem at all lah

Kris

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 12:21:42 -0500, "Richard"
wrote:

[...]

Alfred Molon December 15th, 2003 07:21 PM

Cost and danger of travelling in Thailand

In article ,
says...

I do not understand what is so funny to say that I am a white man! As
you may know Bush attacked Iraq and since then white people are often
thought to be American and are prime target by many Muslim people. I am
from Canada.

Just explain to the locals that you are not American.
--

Alfred Molon

Markku Grönroos December 15th, 2003 07:41 PM

Cost and danger of travelling in Thailand

"Alfred Molon" wrote in message
news.com...
In article ,
says...

I do not understand what is so funny to say that I am a white man!

As
you may know Bush attacked Iraq and since then white people are often
thought to be American and are prime target by many Muslim people. I am
from Canada.

Just explain to the locals that you are not American.

But he is! Canadians are Americans for sure.

Kris December 15th, 2003 09:04 PM

Cost and danger of travelling in Thailand

ooooooooooooooooooops ;) I would not say _that_ too loudly ;)

Kris

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 21:41:27 +0200, "Markku Grönroos"
wrote:

"Alfred Molon" wrote in message
tnews.com...
In article ,