TravelBanter

-   All-inclusive Resorts (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   1st All-Inclusive Vacation --- Where to Go??? (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=27280)

Paul Cardoza March 8th, 2004 01:18 AM

1st All-Inclusive Vacation --- Where to Go???

Hi there. Four of us will be taking our 1st All-Inclusive vacation
in February of 2005. We have no idea where to go, but do know what
we're looking for...........

1, A wide variety of food choices, preferable with a number of
different restaurants on site.

2. Night life! We're 40 something so no senior citizen resorts quite
yet please.

3. A location where there may be the opportunity to venture off resort
for one or 2 days to see something interesting in the surrounding
area.

We are no big into scuba or snorkling, so that is n ot a requirement.

Any and all suggestions will be appreciated!
Thanks!
Paul C.

Greg Johnson March 8th, 2004 06:38 PM

1st All-Inclusive Vacation --- Where to Go???

I'm wondering why you are focusing on an all inclusive when your
requirements for dining call for more variety than most AI's will
provide and your seeming disinterest in recreational activities call for
less.

Thomas Bushnell, BSG March 9th, 2004 01:24 AM

(Greg Johnson) writes:

I'm wondering why you are focusing on an all inclusive when your
requirements for dining call for more variety than most AI's will
provide and your seeming disinterest in recreational activities call for
less.

I found that club med had a wide variety of food choices with multiple
restaurants on site, esp if you are sure to get a reservation at the
theme restaurant.

Paul Cardoza March 9th, 2004 01:24 AM

1st All-Inclusive Vacation --- Where to Go???

On Mon, 8 Mar 2004 12:38:32 CST, (Greg
Johnson) wrote:

I'm wondering why you are focusing on an all inclusive when your
requirements for dining call for more variety than most AI's will
provide and your seeming disinterest in recreational activities call for
less.

Because we have never tried an AI and have been talking about doing so
for years. It's definitely what we want to do this time around.

Jason263 March 9th, 2004 07:00 PM

1st All-Inclusive Vacation --- Where to Go???

Have you considered anywhere in the Pocono Mountains?

Maybe one of the Caesar's Pocono Resort's?

=============== Comment from Moderator ===============
Do these resorts have an all-inclusive option?

Paul Cardoza March 9th, 2004 10:57 PM

On Tue, 9 Mar 2004 13:00:27 CST, (Jason263) wrote:

Have you considered anywhere in the Pocono Mountains?

Maybe one of the Caesar's Pocono Resort's?

=============== Comment from Moderator ===============
Do these resorts have an all-inclusive option?

Sorry, I should have clarified that we're going in February and warm
weather is also a must!!!! Thanks!

nospam March 10th, 2004 04:10 AM

1st All-Inclusive Vacation --- Where to Go???

Have you considered Sandals? Unlike a lot of all-inclusives, you can dine
around to other Sandals in the area. In Montego Bay about 12 dining options
at 3 resorts, in Ocho Rios, 8 between the two Sandals plus exchange
privileges at 2 Beaches, and in Negril exchange priveledges between the 2
Beaches.

Also, Sandals is building a new Sandals, from the ground up, that is to be
opened December 2004 on the southern side of the island. It looks like it
is going to be fabulous. It is called Whitehouse. Check it out on their
website at: http://www.sandals.com/general/whitehouse-intro.cfm#

At St. Lucia you have 3 Sandals exchange privileges and at least 12
restaurants between the three. In the Bahamas the Sandals there has 7
restaurants.

All Sandals have a flavor of their own - whether you are active or not.
Check out the following website as their are a lot of Sandals people the
http://www.tropictravelonline.com/ub...php?category=3

We are experienced Sandals guests (going on #14 this April) who have visited
all but Antigua and the new Grand in St. Lucia.

"Paul Cardoza" wrote in message
On Tue, 9 Mar 2004 13:00:27 CST, (Jason263) wrote:

Have you considered anywhere in the Pocono Mountains?

Maybe one of the Caesar's Pocono Resort's?

=============== Comment from Moderator ===============
Do these resorts have an all-inclusive option?

Sorry, I should have clarified that we're going in February and warm
weather is also a must!!!! Thanks!

Thomas Bushnell, BSG March 10th, 2004 08:12 PM

"nospam" writes:

Have you considered Sandals? Unlike a lot of all-inclusives, you can dine
around to other Sandals in the area. In Montego Bay about 12 dining options
at 3 resorts, in Ocho Rios, 8 between the two Sandals plus exchange
privileges at 2 Beaches, and in Negril exchange priveledges between the 2
Beaches.

People interested in Sandals should be aware that it has an anti-gay
policy, specifically excluding gay couples from going. This is in
violation of many laws around the world, with the result that Sandals
cannot advertise in many areas.

For example, last September the mayor of Londor prohibited advertising
by Sandals on the London Underground. Their advertising has also been
banned by the BBC for the same reasons.

When Sandals tried five years ago to have a promotion advertised on
the internet for a sweepstakes to win a vacation for two, the ads were
pulled by Microsoft and Yahoo as soon as they became aware of Sandals'
discriminatory policies. The history of this event can be read many
places on the web, including
http://www.wiredstrategeies.com/resort.html.

Lots of information is available at
http://www.shame.org/detail.html?174.

Thomas

=============== Comment from Moderator ===============
The above website has a typo, the correct address is:

http://www.wiredstrategies.com/resort.html

Wolfgang Barth March 10th, 2004 11:17 PM

Paul Cardoza schrieb:

Hi there. Four of us will be taking our 1st All-Inclusive vacation
in February of 2005. We have no idea where to go, but do know what
we're looking for...........

1, A wide variety of food choices, preferable with a number of
different restaurants on site.

2. Night life! We're 40 something so no senior citizen resorts quite
yet please.

3. A location where there may be the opportunity to venture off resort
for one or 2 days to see something interesting in the surrounding
area.

I've been to the Dominican Republic at the Catalonia Bavaro Beach Resort
near Punta Cana (airport there):
http://www.rezcenter.com/dominican-r.../POP_CATA.html

I liked it. Very international mixture of guests: Canada, Argentina,
Spain, Germany even US citizens. They had 4 additional theme restaurants
which were included in the "ultra all inclusive". Not too much night
life but they had kind of show each night and it is possible to have
tours all around the Dominican Republic. But you can hang out in one of
the all inclusive bars an have very fine all inclusive cocktails or ice
cream or crepe or whatever you want.

Wolfgang

Steven Goodman March 21st, 2004 07:27 AM

1st All-Inclusive Vacation --- Where to Go???

One of the advantages of CM Cancun is being at the end of the hotel
zone, this lets you take advantage of the nightclubs, etc, in the hotel
zone, but without being right in the middle of everything. And not far
away, like the resorts on the way to Playa del Carmen.

CM Cancun also has the best beach location and the best snorkling in Cancun.

Steven Goodman

Pavel wrote:
"Andrea Bostrom" wrote in message
: From: Wolfgang Barth

:
: You might want to consider the Club Med in Cancun --- lots
to do and
: great food. Price is not too bad either. As long as you don't go
during the
: college spring breaks, you'd probably have a great time.

If you want to stay in the resort itself and see much, I wouldnt
recommend CMC. It's at the bottom end of the strip on the hotel zone.
If you want to stay within the resort, I would suggest the Mayan
region instead. Chances are, it's cheaper too and has more of a
"European" flavor as well.