TravelBanter

-   Cruises (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Luggage Tags???? (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=131035)

chatty cathy February 9th, 2008 09:56 PM

Luggage Tags????

Ok everyone i want to know if you buy already made tags for your luggage
or do any of you make yours ?
How do you make your luggage stand out among the thousands in the
dock..?
Do you use locks or do they make you unlock them to check luggage?
thanks....chatty cathy

James February 9th, 2008 10:22 PM

Luggage Tags????

"chatty cathy" wrote in message

snipped
How do you make your luggage stand out among the thousands in the
dock..?
snipped
thanks....chatty cathy

We use luggage straps w/ last name woven into strap.
such as www.ablelabels.com/luggage

Rosalie B. February 9th, 2008 10:25 PM

Luggage Tags????

(chatty cathy) wrote:

Ok everyone i want to know if you buy already made tags for your luggage
or do any of you make yours ?
How do you make your luggage stand out among the thousands in the
dock..?

Back in 1950, my mom put our initials on the side of the Samsonite
luggage we had at that time with freezer tape in blue and white. It's
still there. Since then she's tied pieces of red and green yarn tied
to her suitcase and cane, and I've left it there.

Do you use locks or do they make you unlock them to check luggage?
thanks....chatty cathy

I don't use the luggage tags to ID my luggage - that's for if it gets
separated from my flight so that the luggage handlers can get it back
to me. I don't lock anything. If people want size 22 clothing and
men's 9.5 EEE shoes and travel literature, they probably need them
more than I do.

I've never really had a problem figuring out what things are mine. I
have a yellow duffle and a red duffle and a red roller bag.

I carry my computer, camera and medications with me in my carryon.
Clothes I can always get.

Sue Mullen February 9th, 2008 10:33 PM

Luggage Tags????

chatty cathy wrote:
Ok everyone i want to know if you buy already made tags for your luggage
or do any of you make yours ?
How do you make your luggage stand out among the thousands in the
dock..?
Do you use locks or do they make you unlock them to check luggage?

I tie several pcs of ribbon on each handle and the color of the ribbon
is something unusual, not just plain. This makes our luggage very easy
to spot.

We don't bother locking our luggage, any lock you used they could easily
break if they want to. Of course we don't put anything of value in our
checked bags.

sue

dparkaa February 9th, 2008 11:03 PM

Luggage Tags????

Use red or other color duct tape. Wrap it around each of the luggage
handles. We use red and can always spot our luggage.

"sue mullen" wrote in message

chatty cathy wrote:
Ok everyone i want to know if you buy already made tags for your luggage
or do any of you make yours ?
How do you make your luggage stand out among the thousands in the
dock..?
Do you use locks or do they make you unlock them to check luggage?

I tie several pcs of ribbon on each handle and the color of the ribbon is
something unusual, not just plain. This makes our luggage very easy to
spot.

We don't bother locking our luggage, any lock you used they could easily
break if they want to. Of course we don't put anything of value in our
checked bags.

sue

Sam[_7_] February 9th, 2008 11:04 PM

Luggage Tags????

link did not work. Try www.ablelabels.com
On Feb 9 2008 10:22 AM, James wrote:

"chatty cathy" wrote in message

snipped
How do you make your luggage stand out among the thousands in the
dock..?
snipped
thanks....chatty cathy

We use luggage straps w/ last name woven into strap.
such as www.ablelabels.com/luggage

__________________________________________________ __________________*

nekochan February 10th, 2008 01:03 AM

Luggage Tags????

I just bought some tags from www.visitag.com. It has my last name on
one side and 'not yours' on the other side. Before that, I used some
braided yarn around my luggage handle.

Bert Hyman February 10th, 2008 02:35 AM

Luggage Tags????

In
(chatty cathy) wrote:

How do you make your luggage stand out among the thousands in the
dock..?

Never had a problem.

Mine's the black Samsonite soft-side.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN

J Carnaghie[_2_] February 10th, 2008 02:45 AM

Luggage Tags????

chatty cathy wrote:
Ok everyone i want to know if you buy already made tags for your luggage
or do any of you make yours ?
How do you make your luggage stand out among the thousands in the
dock..?
Do you use locks or do they make you unlock them to check luggage?
thanks....chatty cathy

I put large self sticking bright orange "Target
Markers" that I get at our local sporting goods
store on each side of our luggage. Makes them
stand out at a distance and nobody can say they
though our bag was theirs. Lots more effective
than yarn around the handle, etc. It also clearly
makes each one part of a set, even if they are
somewhat "different." Someday we will have
matching luggage, and the "Target Markers."
Have a great trip,
John in LALALand

Bill[_1_] February 10th, 2008 03:54 AM

Luggage Tags????

chatty cathy wrote:

Ok everyone i want to know if you buy already made tags for your luggage
or do any of you make yours ?
How do you make your luggage stand out among the thousands in the
dock..?

We do two things. First, we bought a couple of rainbow striped
luggage straps. You can easily see those when your luggage is
coming off the conveyer belt, although now that they restrict
the weight we tend to use duffles instead of suitcases and the
straps don't work as well. Second, I have a bunch of hot pink
luggage tags that I got for free a trade show a while ago. That
makes it somewhat easy to see the bags coming.

Bill