TravelBanter

-   Australia & New Zealand (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Hotels in Auckland (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=8191)

Charles Eggen June 9th, 2004 06:28 PM

Hotels in Auckland

On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 08:42:10 +0100, "davey watts"
wrote:

Hi All,

I am going to NZ in September this year for my honeymoon. As we intend to
travel around for the time we are there I would like to pre book a hotel in
Auckland for the first 2 nights as a starting base so we can get over the
time lag etc.

I have looked around the web for hotels around the auckland downtown type
area and would like to know if anybody has stayed in any of the 4/5 star
hotels in that area and what they think of them.

Thanks for any help.
Dave.

You might want to consider one of the boutique lodgings of New
Zealand. A well sited Auckland facility, that happens to be a member
of the Historic Places Trust (of which I am a member) is:

http://www.aachenhouse.co.nz/

Within their links section, you will find additional considerations
at:

http://lodgings.co.nz/area2.html

Note: There are listings of places in Devonport which is a suburb with
a 15 min. ferry link to the central business district of Auckland.

http://www.fullers.co.nz/cruising/devonport.html

Of the many "Things to Do", I would highly recommend a day trip to:

http://www.tiritirimatangi.org.nz/

Contact me if you have further specific questions.

Charles
nzvideos.org