TravelBanter

-   USA & Canada (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   LA Sunsets? (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=18154)

New Yorker January 10th, 2004 07:11 AM

LA Sunsets?

Going to be in LA next weekend with a friend who's into sunsets. What are
specific spot do you recommend for a great view of the sun going down over
the ocean? Thanks.

alohacyberian January 10th, 2004 08:43 AM

LA Sunsets?

"New Yorker" wrote in message
m...
Going to be in LA next weekend with a friend who's into sunsets. What are
specific spot do you recommend for a great view of the sun going down over
the ocean? Thanks.

Anywhere along the coast from Orange County to Malibu. Although California
sunsets are nothing special compared to places like Arizona, New Mexico and
Colorado. KM
--
(-:alohacyberian:-) At my website there are 3000 live cameras or
visit NASA, play games, read jokes, send greeting cards & connect

Go Fig January 10th, 2004 11:23 AM

LA Sunsets?

In article , New Yorker
wrote:

Going to be in LA next weekend with a friend who's into sunsets. What are
specific spot do you recommend for a great view of the sun going down over
the ocean? Thanks.

Gladstones at the Beach (restaurant). It is at Sunset and PCH. Sunset
starts at about 4:30 PM

jay
Sat Jan 10, 2004

Bbooth202 January 10th, 2004 11:51 AM

LA Sunsets?

My suggestion is to go to Santa Monica Pier for a great sunset look!

BBOOTH

Steve Cain January 10th, 2004 03:56 PM

LA Sunsets?

Try restaurant on Hermosa Beach Peir, upstairs.
Hennessey's Tavern

"Bbooth202" wrote in message
My suggestion is to go to Santa Monica Pier for a great sunset look!

BBOOTH

Mtwhitney62 January 10th, 2004 05:12 PM

LA Sunsets?

At the Huntington Beach pier I saw a booth that had a poster with a photo of
the sunset of each day of the year in that town; your friend would like that.

MadHatter January 10th, 2004 05:27 PM

LA Sunsets?

"New Yorker" wrote in message om...
Going to be in LA next weekend with a friend who's into sunsets. What are
specific spot do you recommend for a great view of the sun going down over
the ocean? Thanks.

I'm not from Los Angeles so others will probably have better
suggestions, but I did catch a nice sunset from the Santa Monica pier.

Frank F. Matthews January 11th, 2004 03:36 AM

LA Sunsets?

Mt. Wilson. FFM

New Yorker wrote:

Going to be in LA next weekend with a friend who's into sunsets. What are
specific spot do you recommend for a great view of the sun going down over
the ocean? Thanks.

Icono Clast January 11th, 2004 09:07 AM

LA Sunsets?

"New Yorker" wrote in message om...
Going to be in LA next weekend with a friend who's into sunsets. What are
specific spot do you recommend for a great view of the sun going down over
the ocean? Thanks.

My recommendation is the Getty Center. In addition to the sunset, you
have a great view of Los Angeles, the ocean, and Palos Verdes.

Hatunen January 11th, 2004 05:01 PM

LA Sunsets?

On 11 Jan 2004 01:07:16 -0800, (Icono Clast)
wrote:

"New Yorker" wrote in message om...
Going to be in LA next weekend with a friend who's into sunsets. What are
specific spot do you recommend for a great view of the sun going down over
the ocean? Thanks.

My recommendation is the Getty Center. In addition to the sunset, you
have a great view of Los Angeles, the ocean, and Palos Verdes.

all this presumes, of course, that thre will be a sunset to see,
and that is highly dependant on the state of the marine layer and
whethere it presents a cloudy afternoon. It's least likely in the
winter, though.