TravelBanter

-   Cruises (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   New York Port: Getting there from Baltimore (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=26444)

Eileen Garland May 14th, 2004 06:47 PM

New York Port: Getting there from Baltimore

Sue, it would be just under 3 hours for us, and an extra half hour for
Erm and Bill.

Ermalee, maybe Amtrak would work for you, though I imagine that would
NOT be cheap.

Eileen

Sue and Kevin Mullen wrote:

Erm369 wrote:

A few years ago we sailed to Bermuda from NY on Celebrity's Horizon.
There was a free bus from the Baltimore Transportation Center to the
Port of New York and return. Do other cruise lines offer this service
from Baltimore? Does Celebrity
still offer the free bus from Baltimore to NY?
The bus was very comfortable and made sailing from New York very
easy. It was a 3 hour trip, and I think it would take me 4 hours to
drive
there.

I think Celebrity still has bus service from Baltimore to NY, but I
don't think it is free anymore. When I sailed on the original Pacific
Princess, there was a Princess bus to places in NJ, Penn, Baltimore etc,
but there was a charge for it.

I believe you live just a few minutes south of Eileen & Howie? It should
be about a 2 1/2 hour drive to the pier in NY for you, not 4 hrs.

I am looking forward to meeting you in Oct.

sue

Sue and Kevin Mullen May 14th, 2004 07:31 PM

Eileen Garland wrote:
Sue, it would be just under 3 hours for us, and an extra half hour for
Erm and Bill.

Guess you and Howie drive slower then me and Kevin(grin).

sue - with a lead foot