TravelBanter

-   Europe (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Cheap hotels/hostels/B&Bs to stay in Berlin? (in good areas) (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=12557)

Traveler February 2nd, 2004 07:08 AM

Cheap hotels/hostels/B&Bs to stay in Berlin? (in good areas)

I am thinking of visiting Berlin this July. What would be a good, safe
location to stay in? Where should I stay away from?

I would be wanting to get a twin private room, but it does not really matter
whether it's a hostel, hotel, or B&B. I just want a convenient, nice
location.

Traveler

?ystein February 2nd, 2004 02:13 PM

"Traveler" wrote in message news:oPlTb.12071$ft1.1894@clgrps12...
I am thinking of visiting Berlin this July. What would be a good, safe
location to stay in? Where should I stay away from?

I would be wanting to get a twin private room, but it does not really matter
whether it's a hostel, hotel, or B&B. I just want a convenient, nice
location.

Depends on persoal taste. If you buy a traveling guide as for instance
Lonely Planet to Germany, you will find a wide range of alternatives
to choose from, depending on taste and wallet.

Many Berlin lovers find Kreutzberg nice. It is in the southern area of
Berlin (former American Sector), an area with lots of nice and
fairpriced etnic shops, restaurants and cafes.

Best regards,

Jan.

Traveler Google February 12th, 2004 03:59 AM

Cheap hotels/hostels/B&Bs to stay in Berlin? (in good areas)

How about this site?
http://www.apartcity.de
The apartment is certainly cheap. How is the area? Does anyone know
anything about the company?
I couldn't find any reviews online, which always makes me nervous.

Traveler