TravelBanter

-   USA & Canada (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Utah- Over rated? (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=41265)

[email protected] September 6th, 2004 03:08 AM

Utah- Over rated?

I just got home from visiting Utah. I visited the four corners area,
monument valley, Zion National Park and Bryce Canyon. Would you agree
with this statement? If you like rocks visit Utah, if you don't stay at
home.

R H Draney September 6th, 2004 03:33 AM

filted:

I just got home from visiting Utah. I visited the four corners area,
monument valley, Zion National Park and Bryce Canyon. Would you agree
with this statement? If you like rocks visit Utah, if you don't stay at
home.

You didn't even get to the part of the state that made the settlers say "this is
the place"...that's like saying you don't like Texas because you had a stopover
at the Dallas airport once and didn't like it....

Utah's not over rated...it's over Arizona....r

Aramis September 6th, 2004 05:12 AM

You probably should have figured out which side of the "rock liking" fence
you were on before choosing it as a vacation destination.

wrote in message
I just got home from visiting Utah. I visited the four corners area,
monument valley, Zion National Park and Bryce Canyon. Would you agree
with this statement? If you like rocks visit Utah, if you don't stay at
home.

Miguel Cruz September 6th, 2004 08:19 AM

wrote:
I just got home from visiting Utah. I visited the four corners area,
monument valley, Zion National Park and Bryce Canyon. Would you agree with
this statement? If you like rocks visit Utah, if you don't stay at home.

I wouldn't think you'd have to like rocks all that much in general. Southern
Utah has some of the most beautiful scenery on the planet. I'm a city boy
and still I can't stop singing its praises.

miguel

KGB September 6th, 2004 09:33 AM

On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 02:19:53 -0500, (Miguel Cruz)

I just got home from visiting Utah. I visited the four corners area,
monument valley, Zion National Park and Bryce Canyon. Would you agree with
this statement? If you like rocks visit Utah, if you don't stay at home.

I wouldn't think you'd have to like rocks all that much in general. Southern
Utah has some of the most beautiful scenery on the planet. I'm a city boy
and still I can't stop singing its praises.

miguel

Hi

I live in the English Lake District and cannot understand why so many
people want to visit here. It is nothing but wet weather, hills and
water - which is why my wife and I are off to Utah next year with our
tent for the 7th time in the past 14 years (we try and go every other
year); the scenery is mind-bogglingly magnificent. Mind you we avoid
the main tourist spots like Zion or Bryce and would far rather camp
somewhere less well known such as "Cedar Breaks", "Island in the Sky"
or "Goblin Valley", put on our hiking boots, get out of the car and go
for a walk.

Regards

KGB

[...]

Auntie Em September 6th, 2004 11:00 AM

On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 22:08:05 -0400, wrote:

I just got home from visiting Utah. I visited the four corners area,
monument valley, Zion National Park and Bryce Canyon. Would you agree
with this statement? If you like rocks visit Utah, if you don't stay at
home.

LOL my sentiments exactly.

EM
The first half of our lives is ruined by our parents,
and the second half by our children.
--- Clarence Darrow
(make that YOUR children).

Auntie Em September 6th, 2004 11:00 AM

On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 22:08:05 -0400, wrote:

I just got home from visiting Utah. I visited the four corners area,
monument valley, Zion National Park and Bryce Canyon. Would you agree
with this statement? If you like rocks visit Utah, if you don't stay at
home.

LOL my sentiments exactly.

EM
The first half of our lives is ruined by our parents,
and the second half by our children.
--- Clarence Darrow
(make that YOUR children).

Keith Willshaw September 6th, 2004 12:27 PM

wrote in message
I just got home from visiting Utah. I visited the four corners area,
monument valley, Zion National Park and Bryce Canyon. Would you agree
with this statement?

Troll rating 2/10

A poor effort

Keith

[email protected] September 6th, 2004 05:16 PM

You must live in Utah.