TravelBanter

-   USA & Canada (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Philadelphia PA neighborhood question (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=181663)

[email protected] January 12th, 2015 10:18 AM

Philadelphia PA neighborhood question

We're intending to spend a week in Philadelphia in July with our 2 girls (10 & 13) as a slighty more relaxing & low key follow-on to a week in NYC. The plan is to rent an apartment or house for the week via airbnb or similar. We're looking for a nice, quiet suburb with on-street car parking, good access to public transport and which is safe at night. Local cafes, shops & restaurants would be nice too. Can anyone help with any suggestions? From looking at our guide book I had considered West Philadelphia & the university area but have no idea if they would fit the bill.

Thanks!

[email protected] January 12th, 2015 11:51 AM

Philadelphia PA neighborhood question

Update - I did some more googling, West Philly looks unsuitable, Fishtown a maybe?