TravelBanter

-   USA & Canada (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Northwest Suggestions (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=19361)

Ned Gatewood May 3rd, 2004 09:05 PM

Northwest Suggestions

We will be visiting for the first time the Pacific Northwest in July for
two weeks with a car. Can anyone suggest some places of interest,
particularly some small coastal towns? Any hotel suggestions will also
be appreciated.
Thanks a lot!
Ned

Peter L May 3rd, 2004 10:07 PM

Northwest Suggestions

"Ned Gatewood" wrote in message
We will be visiting for the first time the Pacific Northwest in July for
two weeks with a car. Can anyone suggest some places of interest,
particularly some small coastal towns? Any hotel suggestions will also
be appreciated.
Thanks a lot!
Ned

Practically any town along the Oregon coast.

mimi May 5th, 2004 04:55 AM

Northwest Suggestions

"Ned Gatewood" wrote in message
We will be visiting for the first time the Pacific Northwest in July for
two weeks with a car. Can anyone suggest some places of interest,
particularly some small coastal towns? Any hotel suggestions will also
be appreciated.

The inland coast of Puget Sound has several interesting towns: Port
Townsend, Gig Harbor, La Conner. I also like White Rock just over the
Canadian border. And you might want to ferry to and stay overnight on one of
the San Juan Islands (in the US) or Gulf Islands (in Canada). Of the San
Juans, Orcas Island and San Juan Island (town of Friday harbor) have the
most to see. Oh, and Whidbey Island, a long skinny island north of Seattle,
has 2 nice towns, Langley and Coupeville. On Whidbey there's the Inn at
Langley and Captain Whidbey's Inn, both nice places to stay.

Marianne