TravelBanter

-   Europe (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   The train in Spain is faster than the plane (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=180303)

[email protected] July 18th, 2013 06:04 PM

The train in Spain is faster than the plane

Apologies for piggy-backing onto this thread. I am logged in, but can't find a "Post New Topic" button!

Plans are to travel by train in September, Barcelona-San Sebastian-Madrid-Barcelona over a span of 12 days. I think I've already figured out that booking individual tickets is cheaper than the Eurail-Spain pass.

But each of those three journeys will need a reservation. Can someone advise as to how much lead time I should allow for those bookings?

I have called the Canadian agent for Eurail, and was told that their access to booking various departure times is limited. Is it safe to reserve just 2-3 days before one's planned departure?

Thanks.

irwell July 19th, 2013 01:00 AM

On Thu, 18 Jul 2013 10:04:14 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Apologies for piggy-backing onto this thread. I am logged in, but can't find a "Post New Topic" button!

Plans are to travel by train in September, Barcelona-San Sebastian-Madrid-Barcelona over a span of 12 days. I think I've already figured out that booking individual tickets is cheaper than the Eurail-Spain pass.

But each of those three journeys will need a reservation. Can someone advise as to how much lead time I should allow for those bookings?

I have called the Canadian agent for Eurail, and was told that their access to booking various departure times is limited. Is it safe to reserve just 2-3 days before one's planned departure?

Thanks.

Spain also has comfortable long distance busses.

Bildad November 13th, 2014 09:05 AM

wow Sounds amazing and what you have said i am sure of it that it works and should really be working.
Glad to know what you have said mate its a kind of info and help that we can have big time.