TravelBanter

-   All-inclusive Resorts (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Storm Damage Reports?? (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=43779)

Mildred Savalier September 25th, 2004 11:54 PM

Storm Damage Reports??

Anyone have any info about specific resorts in the Bahamas and the Dominican
Republic?
Really need info for a trip we are planning.
Thanks

--
Dilly

http://home.comcast.net/~itsdilly/
http://community.webshots.com/user/savalier
People will forget what you said. People will forget what you did, but
people will never forget how you made them feel.

FeAudrey September 30th, 2004 01:29 AM

In article , says...

Anyone have any info about specific resorts in the Bahamas and the Dominican
Republic?

Club Med has temporarily closed Sandpiper (their Florida village near Port Ste.
Lucie) to new check-ins for "tidying and freshing" -- re-opens Oct 7.

The same routine for Punta Cana (Dominican Republic) (mid-November) and
Columbus Isle (eastern Bahamas) (mid-December, and including damage from an
earlier storm).

Club Med lost a village to Frances -- Paradise Island (Nassau). They had sold
it to Atlantis (big resort complex) earlier and were planning to close it after
Christmas. But the hurricane damage was not worth repairing for just three
low-season months.

(I saw this on a newsboard. The Club Med site itself removed all reference to
the club, with no explanation.)

Buccaneer's Creek (Martinique) had been closed for renovations and will re-open
next year (the real deal, not "closed for renovations" like St. Lucia, with no
expectation of re-opening).

Turquoise (Turks and Caicos), Caravelle (Guadeloupe), and Cancun (Mexico):
just bring a bathing suit and a thirst for exotic rum drinks.

Ixtapa (Mexico), Bora Bora (Tahiti), and Crested Butte (ski village; closed in
the off-season) are unaffected.

http://www.clubmed.com/cgi-bin/clubm....jsp?BV_Sessio
@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccde adcmigiedhkcflgcefkdffhdfhg.0
&PAYS=115&LANG=EN&NEWS_ID=115_hurricane_update&LAN G=EN&PAYS=115

--
Visit my Iron Age Pages for technical and fun stuff (holiday specials, too)!
http://pages.prodigy.net/feaudrey

Mildred Savalier September 30th, 2004 04:35 AM

Thank You very much

FYI
There is a new resort opening in St Lucia and it looks like the old Club Med
to me anyone able to confirm this?

--
Dilly

http://home.comcast.net/~itsdilly/
http://community.webshots.com/user/savalier
People will forget what you said. People will forget what you did, but
people will never forget how you made them feel.

"FeAudrey" wrote in message
In article ,
says...