TravelBanter

-   Asia (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Hong Kong to Chengdu Flights (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=6263)

eslet March 13th, 2004 01:01 AM

Hong Kong to Chengdu Flights

I need to fly from Hong Kong to Chengdu in April. I called a travel
agency here and they said my best bet is to buy a ticket in china.
Buying in the US the tickets are at least $325 one-way. I will be
arriving in Hong Kong 2 days before I need to fly to chengdu. My
questions - is it safe to wait until I get to hong kong to buy the
ticket (given only 2 days advance purchase), and how much should I
expect to pay?

Thanks much!

Iceman March 13th, 2004 10:24 PM

(eslet) wrote in message . com...
I need to fly from Hong Kong to Chengdu in April. I called a travel
agency here and they said my best bet is to buy a ticket in china.
Buying in the US the tickets are at least $325 one-way. I will be
arriving in Hong Kong 2 days before I need to fly to chengdu. My
questions - is it safe to wait until I get to hong kong to buy the
ticket (given only 2 days advance purchase), and how much should I
expect to pay?

Flights from the Hong Kong region into mainland Chinese cities are
generally much cheaper if you cross the border and fly from Shenzen or
Guangzhou rather than from Hong Kong itself.

T Wong March 15th, 2004 01:51 PM

Hong Kong to Chengdu Flights

There must be several flights per day (2-3 ?). Barring the unforeseen, 2
days in advance should be enough. The safe choice is to go to the China
Travel Service and they have several branches around town. My impression is
that you can wait while they process your ticket, but they only take cash.

T Wong

"eslet"
e.com...
I need to fly from Hong Kong to Chengdu in April. I called a travel
agency here and they said my best bet is to buy a ticket in china.
Buying in the US the tickets are at least $325 one-way. I will be
arriving in Hong Kong 2 days before I need to fly to chengdu. My
questions - is it safe to wait until I get to hong kong to buy the
ticket (given only 2 days advance purchase), and how much should I
expect to pay?

Thanks much!

Spehro Pefhany March 15th, 2004 02:01 PM

Hong Kong to Chengdu Flights

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 21:51:26 +0800, the renowned "T Wong"
wrote:

There must be several flights per day (2-3 ?). Barring the unforeseen, 2
days in advance should be enough. The safe choice is to go to the China
Travel Service and they have several branches around town. My impression is
that you can wait while they process your ticket, but they only take cash.

Can they sell you tickets for flights departing from Shenzhen or CAN
airports? If so, is the price the same as buying them in China?

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

JoeC March 16th, 2004 01:23 AM

wrote:

There must be several flights per day (2-3 ?). Barring the unforeseen, 2
days in advance should be enough. The safe choice is to go to the China
Travel Service and they have several branches around town. My impression is
that you can wait while they process your ticket, but they only take cash.

Can they sell you tickets for flights departing from Shenzhen or CAN
airports? If so, is the price the same as buying them in China?

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

Yes they do. The price is a bit higher but it is worth it if you are
in a rush and/or need a reiable source.