TravelBanter

-   Caribbean (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   cheapest way to St. Maarten? (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=9392)

Beach Time Right Now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! March 6th, 2004 10:05 AM

cheapest way to St. Maarten?

I have a friend on spring break right now on St. Maarten, sent me pics, and
said if I can get there, I can stay at his hotel room for free and there is
a car for me to use. Great, but.....

My question is: what is the cheapest practical way to get to St. Maarten
immediately?

Da Parrot-chick March 6th, 2004 05:03 PM

cheapest way to St. Maarten?

"Beach Time Right Now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
wrote in message
I have a friend on spring break right now on St. Maarten, sent me pics,

and
said if I can get there, I can stay at his hotel room for free and there

is
a car for me to use. Great, but.....

My question is: what is the cheapest practical way to get to St. Maarten
immediately?

SXM is a hub station, served by US Air, American, and Northwest from the
mainland. If I needed to get to SXM tomorrow, I'd use Priceline. You can
choose your dates but not airline or travel time. Be sure and read ALL the
fine print before bidding.

But first, I'd go to http://www.biddingfortravel.com and look at what the
most recent successful bids were for roundtrip travel from your location to
SXM. Depending on your travel dates, you could get round trip tickets for
maybe $300 or so.