TravelBanter

-   Cruises (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   We finally booked our Alaska cruise (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=164359)

Jeff Gersten April 4th, 2010 10:10 PM

We finally booked our Alaska cruise

(John*Sisker) wrote:

"Jeff Gersten" wrote in message

Our best cruise so far was on the Star
Princess in the Baltics for our 30th
anniversary.

In no time at all now, we will be on the Star
Princess, for Northern Europe and the Baltic's,
and for our 25th anniversary. Any special tips?
John Sisker

It seems to me that several of us have given you good tips, and you have
not acknowledged reading any of them.

Here's a few more. Rick Steve's Scandinavia book gives a great walking
tour of Talinn. (I picked up a used copy on line from a Barnes & Noble
affiliate for practically nothing.) If your ship goes to Oslo (during
the summer we went, half the Star Princess cruises went there, and the
other half to a port for Berlin), the sculpture garden is a must see and
free. In Stockholm, the Vasa Museum is a must see. Unfortunately, if
things have not changed from when we went on the Star Princess,
Stockholm is the one port in which your shore time is totally
inadequate.

BlackEyes April 21st, 2010 12:15 AM

When we went to enjoy our Alaskan cruise on a huge vessel, we also opted for a cruise in a smaller ship Sikumi when we were in the port. Well, it lasted for a few days and it was great. The vessel is small and it can navigate into the places that huge vessels cannot. See I'm not that young anymore and hiking and other related activities are no longer an option for me that is why the Sikumi has done a great job in touring us to the country. I will do it again soon hopefully.