TravelBanter

-   Cruises (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   St Maarten (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=80378)

Mike January 2nd, 2006 07:54 PM

St Maarten

Thanks to the recommendations of many in this forum, we've planned our
days in St Thomas and Puerto Rico on our upcoming cruise in February.
We've narrowed down our plans in St MAarten but have a couple questions.

How close is Orient Bay and Simpson Bay by cab from the dock?

I've seen a clip of Simpson Bay with the low flying jets and it looks
like it could be a fun spot to spend an afternoon. What's the beach like
there?

What amenities are present at both beaches - lockers, showers, snorkel
equipment and so on?

tks
Mike

Becca January 2nd, 2006 09:39 PM

St Maarten

Mike wrote:

How close is Orient Bay and Simpson Bay by cab from the dock?

Simpson Bay is close to the pier, Orient Beach is a little farther away.

Go here, then click on St. Maarten. You will see the beaches, photos
and other information.

http://www.cruise-reviews.com/port_i...-caribbean.asp

Enjoy your cruise.

Becca

Tom K January 2nd, 2006 09:50 PM

St Maarten

"Mike" wrote in message
Thanks to the recommendations of many in this forum, we've planned our
days in St Thomas and Puerto Rico on our upcoming cruise in February.
We've narrowed down our plans in St MAarten but have a couple questions.

How close is Orient Bay and Simpson Bay by cab from the dock?

I've seen a clip of Simpson Bay with the low flying jets and it looks like
it could be a fun spot to spend an afternoon. What's the beach like there?

What amenities are present at both beaches - lockers, showers, snorkel
equipment and so on?

Don't rule out Pinel Island, which is just off shore by Orient Beach.
Another fun place... almost like the cruise line private islands... though
much smaller and much less crowded.

I took the Viking gang there 2 years ago... and they loved it.

--Tom

Mike January 2nd, 2006 10:07 PM

St Maarten

Becca wrote:
Mike wrote:

How close is Orient Bay and Simpson Bay by cab from the dock?

Simpson Bay is close to the pier, Orient Beach is a little farther away.

Go here, then click on St. Maarten. You will see the beaches, photos
and other information.

http://www.cruise-reviews.com/port_i...-caribbean.asp

Enjoy your cruise.

Becca

Thanks Becca - this is a great link. I'm curious though - Great Bay
beach doesn't come up when I click on it. Has anyone been there? What's
it like? It looks very close to the ships.

tks