TravelBanter

-   Asia (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   How US helped Iraq build deadly arsenal (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=5608)

Tchiowa January 6th, 2004 10:27 AM

How US helped Iraq build deadly arsenal

"Bob" wrote in message . au...
"Pete Loud" wrote in message
On Tue, 31 Dec 2002 23:25:40 +0000, Pete Loud wrote:

Hi Guys,

I am amazed that something I said over a year ago, before the Iraq war,

has
suddenly re-appeared.

I can only think it was on my website, "Maps of Iraq",
http://users.powernet.co.uk/mkmarina/iraq/iraq.html

Since then the situation has changed somewhat :-o and my website has been
updated, although not recently.

To pull things back on-topic I have loads of great maps of Asia on my
websites, check them out.

Cheers,

Pete Loud

Interesting site Peter. While I was reading it I was thinking how millions
of Americans were outraged that Steve Irwin took his child into the
crocodile enclosure, but those same people cheered as the bombs and missiles
rained down on the people of Iraq.

Yup. We were outraged when some idiot put a baby's life at risk with a
crocodile so he could entertain people and make money and we cheered
when America removed a violent tyrant who had killed hundreds of
thousands of people and began a process where freedom and democracy
can come to the millions of people in Iraq and where they no longer
have to fear torture and death at Saddam's hands. We probably saved a
million lives.

And we removed a threat from the US.

Yes, we cheered.

Pete Loud January 6th, 2004 02:00 PM

How US helped Iraq build deadly arsenal

When Saddam was killing and gassing Iraqis, guess who it was who was
supporting him.

The US didn't care one jot about Saddam murdering Iraqis, they were prepared
to support and supply Saddam Hussein. Donald Rumsfeld was the key guy at
that time.

Read this article http://www.truthout.org/docs_03/122603C.shtml

So it's no good trying to make out that US attacked Iraq because Saddam was
a violent tyrant who had killed hundreds of thousands of people, US was
supporting his murderous activities in the 1980's.

Cheers,

Pete Loud
"Maps of Iraq",
http://users.powernet.co.uk/mkmarina/iraq/iraq.html

RT January 6th, 2004 02:07 PM

Pete Loud wrote in message ...
When Saddam was killing and gassing Iraqis, guess who it was who was
supporting him.

Another whinging Pom...............

Pete Loud January 6th, 2004 03:34 PM

How US helped Iraq build deadly arsenal

No, I am simply pointing you to the facts behind the Iraq war.

If you regard someone presenting factual information about such a key issue
as a "whinging Pom" then you have a rather strange attitude to politics and
history.

I see that your email address appears to come from an Australian educational
institute, do others in education treat analysis of political developments
the way you ?

Perhaps you should give up education and stick to boozing and slagging off
anyone whose views you dislike.

"RT" wrote in message

Pete Loud wrote in message ...
When Saddam was killing and gassing Iraqis, guess who it was who was
supporting him.

Another whinging Pom...............

devil January 6th, 2004 05:17 PM

On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 23:07:49 +1000, RT wrote:

Pete Loud wrote in message ...
When Saddam was killing and gassing Iraqis, guess who it was who was
supporting him.

Another whinging Pom...............

So? Does that make him wrong?

Tchiowa January 7th, 2004 06:48 AM

Pete Loud wrote in message ...
When Saddam was killing and gassing Iraqis, guess who it was who was
supporting him.

Another whinging Pom...............

So? Does that make him wrong?

No. He's wrong, but that's not why.

Pete Loud January 7th, 2004 10:42 AM

How US helped Iraq build deadly arsenal

No. He's wrong, but that's not why

Are you saying that US, and specifically Donald Rumsfeld, were not
supporting Saddam Hussein in the 1980's?

Read this article http://www.truthout.org/docs_03/122603C.shtml

Pete Loud

"Tchiowa" wrote in message
om...

Pete Loud wrote in message ...
When Saddam was killing and gassing Iraqis, guess who it was who was
supporting him.

Another whinging Pom...............

So? Does that make him wrong?

No. He's wrong, but that's not why.

John L January 7th, 2004 10:45 AM

How US helped Iraq build deadly arsenal

Another moronic Aussie with his head up John Howards arse.

John L.

On Tue, 6 Jan 2004 23:07:49 +1000, "RT" wrote:

Another whinging Pom...............

Tchiowa January 8th, 2004 01:40 AM

"Pete Loud" wrote in message ...
No. He's wrong, but that's not why

Are you saying that US, and specifically Donald Rumsfeld, were not
supporting Saddam Hussein in the 1980's?

Read this article http://www.truthout.org/docs_03/122603C.shtml

Are you under the impression that your URL is anything but extremist
propaganda? It's kind of like quoting a KKK website about opinions of
blacks. Or quoting a PLO website for opinions about Israel.

The fact is that we supported Saddam during the Iraq/Iran war. When he
gassed the Kurds we absolutely condemned in and began the process of
isolating him that continued until last year.

devil January 8th, 2004 02:20 AM

On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 16:40:56 -0800, Tchiowa wrote:

"Pete Loud" wrote in message ...
No. He's wrong, but that's not why

Are you saying that US, and specifically Donald Rumsfeld, were not
supporting Saddam Hussein in the 1980's?

Read this article http://www.truthout.org/docs_03/122603C.shtml

Are you under the impression that your URL is anything but extremist
propaganda? It's kind of like quoting a KKK website about opinions of
blacks. Or quoting a PLO website for opinions about Israel.

I am not all that familiar with the British press. Is The Independent
really anything like "extremist propaganda?" I would think not?