TravelBanter

-   Air travel (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Is Aer Lingus the only trans-atlantic LLC? (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=177369)

Fritz Wuehler[_7_] May 28th, 2012 12:56 PM

Is Aer Lingus the only trans-atlantic LLC?

It seems only LLCs offer reasonable one-way airfare these days. What
airlines should I focus on for going transatlantic, one-way, besides
Aer Lingus?

Runge 666[_2_] May 28th, 2012 03:44 PM

Is Aer Lingus the only trans-atlantic LLC?

KKK Air

"Fritz Wuehler" a
écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion :
It seems only LLCs offer reasonable one-way airfare these days. What
airlines should I focus on for going transatlantic, one-way, besides
Aer Lingus?

John Levine May 28th, 2012 04:32 PM

Is Aer Lingus the only trans-atlantic LLC?

It seems only LLCs offer reasonable one-way airfare these days. What
airlines should I focus on for going transatlantic, one-way, besides
Aer Lingus?

It would of course help to give us some clue where in North America you
want to start and where in Europe you want to end up. (If the answer
is "it doesn't matter", Halifax to Gatwick for $295 on Air Transat.)

Air Berlin has some reasonable fares to DUS, and I see a $544 on
Kuwait Air JFK-LHR for some dates in June.

If you can get to Toronto, Air Transat has a C$303 (yes, really) fare
to London Gatwick or C$401 to Paris, both nonstop in June.

R's,
John

--
Regards,
John Levine, , Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",

Runge 666[_2_] May 28th, 2012 08:28 PM

Is Aer Lingus the only trans-atlantic LLC?

Whew !
At last a customer.

"John Levine" a écrit dans le message de groupe de
discussion : ...
[...]

Fritz Wuehler[_7_] May 31st, 2012 12:19 AM

Is Aer Lingus the only trans-atlantic LCC?

Thanks John. I'm strictly looking for ways to cross the pond one-way
cheaply. It doesn't matter where, because I already have lots of
tools for finding routes given desired city pairs. But the options
aren't great, so my approach is to find the cheapest transatlantic and
then separately search out the connecting flights.

In general, travel is between western europe and either east or west
coast or midwest of the US.

Anyway, your advice was helpful. The prices you've found are better
than aer lingus.

Tom P[_6_] June 3rd, 2012 03:33 PM

On 05/28/2012 01:56 PM, Fritz Wuehler wrote:
It seems only LLCs offer reasonable one-way airfare these days. What
airlines should I focus on for going transatlantic, one-way, besides
Aer Lingus?

What is an LLC, or do you mean low cost company?

Robert Neville June 4th, 2012 12:24 AM

Nomen Nescio wrote:

What is an LLC, or do you mean low cost company?

Yeah, sorry, I meant LCC - low cost company.

Low Cost Carrier in this context...

Tom P[_6_] June 10th, 2012 11:22 AM

On 06/03/2012 09:17 PM, Nomen Nescio wrote:
Tom wrote:

What is an LLC, or do you mean low cost company?

Yeah, sorry, I meant LCC - low cost company.

There are numerous low cost carriers doing transatlantic flights. Which
route exactly do you want to fly?

[email protected] October 1st, 2017 04:02 PM

Am Montag, 28. Mai 2012 17:32:50 UTC+2 schrieb John Levine:

Air Berlin has some reasonable fares to DUS

Last flights not later than october 15th this year.

Apply for bankruptcy share of ticket Price
if bought before August 15th.

Regards, ULF

John Levine October 1st, 2017 11:34 PM

Is Aer Lingus the only trans-atlantic LLC?

In article ,
wrote:
Am Montag, 28. Mai 2012 17:32:50 UTC+2 schrieb John Levine:

Air Berlin has some reasonable fares to DUS

Last flights not later than october 15th this year.

Well, yes, I wrote that message five years ago.