TravelBanter

-   Africa (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Bitten to Death (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=177125)

John in Launceston April 29th, 2012 04:36 PM

Bitten to Death

Last time I was in the Gambia - I was bitten to death by bloody
Mosquitos - had the life pestered out of me - by people trying to sell
me something - couldn't walk down the street without somebody asking
"Where you from? - "how long are you staying in the Gambia" ? ... in
fact the best part about my Holiday in the Gambia was the bit where I
got on the plane to GO HOME.
For me - it was a HORRIBLE HOLIDAY - and I wont be going back again.

altheamann April 30th, 2012 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John in Launceston (Post 1035636)
Last time I was in the Gambia - I was bitten to death by bloody
Mosquitos - had the life pestered out of me - by people trying to sell
me something - couldn't walk down the street without somebody asking
"Where you from? - "how long are you staying in the Gambia" ? ... in
fact the best part about my Holiday in the Gambia was the bit where I
got on the plane to GO HOME.
For me - it was a HORRIBLE HOLIDAY - and I wont be going back again.

Whenever I'm in Africa, I always have my flu shots and a lot of mosquito repellants to ward off mosquitoes.

badjasonn May 23rd, 2012 03:39 AM

Add some essential oils (aromatherapy) to your daily skincare routine. These oils will improve your chances against mosquitoes:

Citronella Oil
Lemon Eucalyptus Oil
Cinnamon Oil
Castor Oil