TravelBanter

-   USA & Canada (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Hotel at an amusing street in Miami?. (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=143841)

[email protected] September 8th, 2008 07:04 PM

Hotel at an amusing street in Miami?.

Hi,
the next month I will reach Miami with my family. I am looking for a
central hotel, at an amusing place (bien ubicado) and not much
expensive (around $70).
thanks for some info

tim..... September 8th, 2008 08:54 PM

"jdoe" wrote in message
On Mon, 08 Sep 2008 20:04:54 +0200, wrote:

Hi,
the next month I will reach Miami with my family. I am looking for a
central hotel, at an amusing place (bien ubicado) and not much
expensive (around $70).
thanks for some info

you'd better get deeper pockets or you'll be staying next to an
interstate

I never had any problems staying next to an interstate, just as long as I
arrived early enough to blag one of the rooms facing away

tim

Bert Hyman September 8th, 2008 09:10 PM

Hotel at an amusing street in Miami?.

(jdoe) wrote in
:

wrote:

Hi,
the next month I will reach Miami with my family. I am looking for a
central hotel, at an amusing place (bien ubicado) and not much
expensive (around $70).
thanks for some info

you'd better get deeper pockets or you'll be staying next to an
interstate

Hey! He might find that very amusing.

--
Bert Hyman | St. Paul, MN |

PeterL September 8th, 2008 09:30 PM

On Sep 8, 11:04*am, wrote:
Hi,
the next month I will reach Miami with my family. I am looking for a
central *hotel, at an amusing place (bien ubicado) and not much
expensive (around $70).
thanks for some info

The proper translation of bien ubicado is "good location". For a
central and good location in Miami you need to be paying more than $70
per night.

Bert Hyman September 8th, 2008 09:39 PM

Hotel at an amusing street in Miami?.

(PeterL) wrote in
:

On Sep 8, 11:04*am, wrote:
Hi,
the next month I will reach Miami with my family. I am looking for
a central *hotel, at an amusing place (bien ubicado) and not much
expensive (around $70).
thanks for some info

The proper translation of bien ubicado is "good location".

Oh. Never mind :-)

For a central and good location in Miami you need to be paying more
than $70 per night.

Heck, that's probably even true for Minneapolis.

--
Bert Hyman | St. Paul, MN |

[email protected] September 8th, 2008 10:24 PM

Hotel at an amusing street in Miami?.

Some post with any advice. ;)
$100?

Brian K[_2_] September 9th, 2008 02:59 AM

Hotel at an amusing street in Miami?.

On 9/8/2008 2:04 PM did a "happy dance",
then made these writings:
Hi,
the next month I will reach Miami with my family. I am looking for a
central hotel, at an amusing place (bien ubicado) and not much
expensive (around $70).
thanks for some info

For a decent hotel room in South Beach at the time of year you plan to
visit, you're looking at least at $200.00 usd a night. On special
holidays or special events the price can almost double. For $70 dollars
you might get a dormitory room at a youth hostel in downtown Miami
City. Believe me that's one place you don't want to be at night.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera

[email protected] September 9th, 2008 01:31 PM

Hotel at an amusing street in Miami?.

Interesting web site. I thank you but I cannot know where the hotels
stay. This is a problem. ;)

Not a chance. Go to http://www.expedia.com and see what's available.

Brian[_1_] September 10th, 2008 01:24 AM

On Tue, 09 Sep 2008 14:31:35 +0200, wrote:

Interesting web site. I thank you but I cannot know where the hotels
stay. This is a problem. ;)

I'm not sure exactly what you mean but you can check tripadvisor.com
for some reviews. They need to be evaluated carefully because some
people seem to either have grudges or an incredibly high expectation.

As an example we stayed at the Ritz Carlton in Naples, Fl which is a
very nice hotel. One of the reviews complained about a jungle that
people had to go through to get to the beach. It turned out to be an
area with a number of plants that were for beach erosion and many of
which had been there for a long time. It was a nature walk with the
plants named.

DevilsPGD September 10th, 2008 01:54 AM

Hotel at an amusing street in Miami?.

In message Brian
wrote:

I'm not sure exactly what you mean but you can check tripadvisor.com
for some reviews. They need to be evaluated carefully because some
people seem to either have grudges or an incredibly high expectation.

Some people just like to complain, hoping to get compensation.