TravelBanter

-   USA & Canada (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Niagara Smoke Stack? (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=127010)

Gareth Slee December 12th, 2007 09:18 PM

Niagara Smoke Stack?

Is that a smoke stack I see in the distance on this Niagara webcam?

http://www.fallsview.com/Stream/StarDotTechCamRefresh.shtml

--
Am I the only Gareth Slee?
http://garethslee.blogspot.com/

PeterL December 12th, 2007 09:46 PM

Niagara Smoke Stack?

On Dec 12, 1:18 pm, (Gareth Slee) wrote:
Is that a smoke stack I see in the distance on this Niagara webcam?

http://www.fallsview.com/Stream/StarDotTechCamRefresh.shtml

--
Am I the only Gareth Slee?http://garethslee.blogspot.com/

You mean upper right hand corner? Not surprising as an electicity
generation station.

Dave Smith[_3_] December 12th, 2007 10:35 PM

Niagara Smoke Stack?

PeterL wrote:

On Dec 12, 1:18 pm, (Gareth Slee) wrote:
Is that a smoke stack I see in the distance on this Niagara webcam?

http://www.fallsview.com/Stream/StarDotTechCamRefresh.shtml

--
Am I the only Gareth Slee?http://garethslee.blogspot.com/

You mean upper right hand corner? Not surprising as an electicity
generation station.

I doubt it. There are huge hydroelectric generating stations on both sides
of the border. There are some industrial areas upriver on the american side
of the Niagara River.

A Mate[_2_] December 13th, 2007 10:06 AM

Niagara Smoke Stack?

Very Possible!! Niagara Falls - the US city is a veritable sink-hole. While
the Niagara Falls NY State Park is splendid, far superior to the Canadian
equivalent - Niagara Falls - the US City is a real sink-hole. Literally
stinking industrial areas, and decaying urban cityscape.

Pity!!

"Gareth Slee" wrote in message
. ..
Is that a smoke stack I see in the distance on this Niagara webcam?

http://www.fallsview.com/Stream/StarDotTechCamRefresh.shtml

--
Am I the only Gareth Slee?
http://garethslee.blogspot.com/

Smiles December 13th, 2007 02:15 PM

Niagara Smoke Stack?

Dave Smith wrote:

PeterL wrote:
On Dec 12, 1:18 pm, (Gareth Slee) wrote:
Is that a smoke stack I see in the distance on this Niagara webcam?

http://www.fallsview.com/Stream/StarDotTechCamRefresh.shtml

--
Am I the only Gareth Slee?http://garethslee.blogspot.com/

You mean upper right hand corner? Not surprising as an electicity
generation station.

I doubt it. There are huge hydroelectric generating stations on both sides
of the border. There are some industrial areas upriver on the american side
of the Niagara River.

US side has a lot of industrial steel and chemical most closed now

Keith Willshaw[_2_] December 13th, 2007 08:27 PM

Niagara Smoke Stack?

"Smiles" wrote in message
Dave Smith wrote:

PeterL wrote:
On Dec 12, 1:18 pm, (Gareth Slee) wrote:
Is that a smoke stack I see in the distance on this Niagara webcam?

http://www.fallsview.com/Stream/StarDotTechCamRefresh.shtml

--
Am I the only Gareth Slee?http://garethslee.blogspot.com/
You mean upper right hand corner? Not surprising as an electicity
generation station.

I doubt it. There are huge hydroelectric generating stations on both
sides
of the border. There are some industrial areas upriver on the american
side
of the Niagara River.

US side has a lot of industrial steel and chemical most closed now

There are also several large cement plants in the area which typically
have large smoke stacks

Keith