TravelBanter

-   Air travel (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   travel in a bottle? (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=3311)

Reader March 20th, 2004 08:11 PM

travel in a bottle?

Hi,

A friend of mine who works for the Academyof Motion Pictures said that
this year's Official Gift Bag for presenters (which btw it worth about
$40,000 per recipient) was MOSTLY unlclaimed by recipients.

Word is, most of these products were trips, so manytrips that a celeb
would haveto fly for the entire year to use them all up. Imagine a
year's worth of travel being tossed out in thegarabage!Go figure.

Apparently all the recipients received a certfcate for a wide screen
Sony television and many of those were accepted. Also there was a new
cosmetics company called koldesign.com whose products were claimed at
a higher rate not only than the other products this year but at a
higher rate than any gifts in th epast. So i checked into them

The products are very cool. Beautiful design, great fragrances. The
whole line is aboutTRAVEL, about getting into your tub and visiting
the best of a destination without having to book a trip. thought that
was cool, but were these products any good? they have four scents, all
of which i tried. the first is lame and i don't see what it has to do
with real travel. Picnic. cucumber and ...i forget. the other three
were excellent. El Maroc is citrus, clove and leather, incredibly rich
smell, you could eat it. Bethlehem is rosemary-fig-myrhh, very dry and
warm smell. Curacao is my fav. Bitter grapefruit, deep Caribbean blue
color.

"Queer Eye" showed the whole bath and body line this month, but took
exra time to focus on the masks and scrubs. I didnt try these products
but may. the masks and scrubs are "mix-your-own", meaning you add
warm water to them and mix up a warm facial mask. Kyan spoke about
Coltibueno which is a facial scrub made out of clay and herbs from
Tuscanny, Italy, but they also have a foot scrub Arenal that is mae
from pumice and volcanic clay from a volcanoe in South America,
Noordhoek made from a clay from South Africa and a thrid clay mask
whose name I forget made from a clay from India.

Well, great idea from my perspective, top of the line results and i am
going travelling every night.