TravelBanter

-   Australia & New Zealand (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   WLAN/WIFI in NZ (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=103527)

Gill Bates January 7th, 2007 09:36 AM

WLAN/WIFI in NZ

Do top10 holiday parks (or otherwhere) provide WLAN/WIFI for free?? Is
it worth to bring my laptop or pda for this use?

ErrolC January 8th, 2007 01:05 AM

WLAN/WIFI in NZ

Gill Bates wrote:
Do top10 holiday parks (or otherwhere) provide WLAN/WIFI for free?? Is
it worth to bring my laptop or pda for this use?

Free (or included with coffee) WiFi is very rare in NZ. Some coffee
places and libraries offer expensive WiFi via Telecom Hotspots (see
e.g. www.starbucks.co.nz), some internet cafes offer WiFi connections
for a fee.

Email the places you think you might stay, if they don't have it they
can probably point you to the internet cafes in the area.

Cheers
Errol