TravelBanter

-   USA & Canada (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Info On Vog On Kauai (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=143742)

Dwight September 5th, 2008 03:54 PM

Info On Vog On Kauai

Hello travellers,

We are travelling to Kauai in October, and I have been told by a
resident that there is no vog from the volcano when the trades blow, but
that when it is calm they get some.

I have some asthma and dwould like to stay where the air is ost clear.
Do you know which coast of Kauai might have the most air movement when
the trades are not blowing?

Thank you in advance.

Dwight Gibb

James Silverton[_2_] September 5th, 2008 08:05 PM

Info On Vog On Kauai

Dwight wrote on Fri, 05 Sep 2008 07:54:22 -0700:

We are travelling to Kauai in October, and I have been told by
a resident that there is no vog from the volcano when the
trades blow, but that when it is calm they get some.

I have some asthma and dwould like to stay where the air is
ost clear. Do you know which coast of Kauai might have the
most air movement when the trades are not blowing?

Thank you in advance.

There are active volcanoes on Hawaii (Big Island) and Haleakala on Maui
is dormant but I've never noticed fumes at places on the beaches during
6 visits. Kauai does not have an active volcano does it? I'd never seen
the word "vog" before!

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Dwight September 8th, 2008 12:00 AM

Info On Vog On Kauai

James Silverton wrote:

Dwight wrote on Fri, 05 Sep 2008 07:54:22 -0700:

We are travelling to Kauai in October, and I have been told by
a resident that there is no vog from the volcano when the
trades blow, but that when it is calm they get some.

I have some asthma and dwould like to stay where the air is
ost clear. Do you know which coast of Kauai might have the
most air movement when the trades are not blowing?

Thank you in advance.

There are active volcanoes on Hawaii (Big Island) and Haleakala on Maui
is dormant but I've never noticed fumes at places on the beaches during
6 visits. Kauai does not have an active volcano does it? I'd never seen
the word "vog" before!

Thanks,

With this new eruption, vog is very strong on Hawaii, and it extends to
Oahu on bad days.

I expet Kauai gets some when there is a Kona wind.

Best,

Dwight

Graz[_2_] September 9th, 2008 07:32 AM

Info On Vog On Kauai

On Sun, 07 Sep 2008 16:00:02 -0700, Dwight
wrote:

James Silverton wrote:

Dwight wrote on Fri, 05 Sep 2008 07:54:22 -0700:

We are travelling to Kauai in October, and I have been told by
a resident that there is no vog from the volcano when the
trades blow, but that when it is calm they get some.

I have some asthma and dwould like to stay where the air is
ost clear. Do you know which coast of Kauai might have the
most air movement when the trades are not blowing?

Thank you in advance.

There are active volcanoes on Hawaii (Big Island) and Haleakala on Maui
is dormant but I've never noticed fumes at places on the beaches during
6 visits. Kauai does not have an active volcano does it? I'd never seen
the word "vog" before!

Thanks,

With this new eruption, vog is very strong on Hawaii, and it extends to
Oahu on bad days.

I expet Kauai gets some when there is a Kona wind.

vog = volcano fog?