TravelBanter

-   Europe (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Delta Airlines From Heathrow (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=68011)

[email protected] June 5th, 2005 04:09 PM

Delta Airlines From Heathrow

I have sort of a weird situation where I'll be flying out of Heathrow
to LAX at the end of the month on American Airlines. A family member
has to change her flight so that she also flies out of Heathrow back to
the States, but she's on Delta. (She was supposed to fly out of Rome
back to the west coast at the end of the month, but she's changed her
mind and wants to come back sooner.)

So, will Delta offer service on another carrier for part of the trip,
or am I just plain out of luck and will have to purchase a one-way
ticket?

Joy

[email protected] June 6th, 2005 09:39 PM

wrote:

I have sort of a weird situation where I'll be flying out of
Heathrow to LAX at the end of the month on American Airlines.
A family member has to change her flight so that she also flies
out of Heathrow back to the States, but she's on Delta. (She
was supposed to fly out of Rome back to the west coast at the
end of the month, but she's changed her mind and wants to come
back sooner.) So, will Delta offer service on another carrier
for part of the trip, or am I just plain out of luck and will
have to purchase a one-way ticket? Joy

Delta do not fly from Heathrow - they use Gatwick.

If at
www.delta.com you go to reservations and feed LHR into
the system then LHR will not be recognised - you will be prompted
to accept LGW.

For London - LAX on Delta the routes shown all go Gatwick to
Atlanta and some have another intermediate stop in addition.

I suggest you double-check your relatives flights before
making any changes to your own.

(Ten or so years ago I flew on a Virgin Atlantic plane from LHR
on a Delta ticket, but that codeshare has long been discontinued)

[email protected] June 7th, 2005 03:35 PM

[...]

Thanks for the information. I called Delta yesterday and got the
flight changed. What they did was put her on Air France to Paris out
of Heathrow and then from there she will fly back to the U.S. They
wanted to put her on a plane out of Gatwick, but that would be really
inconvenient since I have to accompany her to the airport (she speaks
very little english) and my own flight is at 11:30.

Joy