TravelBanter

-   Europe (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   scandinavia (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=179969)

Erilar April 25th, 2013 05:10 PM

scandinavia

Well, I'm off to scandinavia in a few hours, mostly Norway.

--
Erilar, biblioholic medievalist with iPad

S Viemeister[_2_] April 25th, 2013 07:00 PM

scandinavia

On 4/25/2013 12:10 PM, Erilar wrote:
Well, I'm off to scandinavia in a few hours, mostly Norway.

I look forward to your trip report!

JohnT[_8_] April 25th, 2013 07:01 PM

scandinavia

"Erilar" wrote in message
Well, I'm off to scandinavia in a few hours, mostly Norway.

--
Erilar, biblioholic medievalist with iPad

Have a good trip. You are, as usual, connecting to Norway at Paris CDG?

--
JohnT

David Horne[_2_] April 25th, 2013 08:57 PM

scandinavia

Erilar wrote:

Well, I'm off to scandinavia in a few hours, mostly Norway.

Har en rigtig godt tur!

(*) of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate
www.davidhorne.net (email address on website)
"[Do you think the world learned anything from the first
world war?] No. They never learn." -Harry Patch (1898-2009)

Gerrit April 26th, 2013 02:51 PM

scandinavia

"Erilar" wrote in message
Well, I'm off to scandinavia in a few hours, mostly Norway.

--
Erilar, biblioholic medievalist with iPad

Jealous!

Gerrit - Oz

Erilar April 27th, 2013 02:48 PM

scandinavia

"Gerrit" wrote:
"Erilar" wrote in message ...
Well, I'm off to scandinavia in a few hours, mostly Norway.

-- Erilar, biblioholic medievalist with iPad

Jealous!

Gerrit - Oz

I woul love to visit Oz, but that's too much plane time in a single shot
for my ancient body8-)

--

"JohnT" wrote:
"Erilar" wrote in message ...
Well, I'm off to scandinavia in a few hours, mostly Norway.

-- Erilar, biblioholic medievalist with iPad

Have a good trip. You are, as usual, connecting to Norway at Paris CDG?

I didn't know you were a sadist!

However, I have sworn a solemn oath never to attempt three flights in a
single day again, no matter how long or short the rest of my life may be,
even if one IS only an hour long. And NEVER to plan to change planes in
Oslo on a Friday afternoon! They make even transfer passengers go through
security again, and the line wound almost out the door!

--
Erilar, biblioholic medievalist with iPad

David Horne[_2_] April 27th, 2013 03:50 PM

scandinavia

Erilar wrote:

And NEVER to plan to change planes in
Oslo on a Friday afternoon! They make even transfer passengers go through
security again, and the line wound almost out the door!

That's the case for any European transfer flight I've been on...

(*) of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate
www.davidhorne.net (email address on website)
"[Do you think the world learned anything from the first
world war?] No. They never learn." -Harry Patch (1898-2009)

JohnT[_8_] April 27th, 2013 04:55 PM

scandinavia

"David Horne" wrote in message
Erilar wrote:

And NEVER to plan to change planes in
Oslo on a Friday afternoon! They make even transfer passengers go
through
security again, and the line wound almost out the door!

That's the case for any European transfer flight I've been on...

It is also the case if you are transferring in the USA from an International
flight.
--
JohnT

Gerrit April 28th, 2013 06:28 AM

scandinavia

"Erilar" wrote in message

Snip

However, I have sworn a solemn oath never to attempt three flights in a
single day again, no matter how long or short the rest of my life may be,
even if one IS only an hour long. And NEVER to plan to change planes in
Oslo on a Friday afternoon! They make even transfer passengers go through
security again, and the line wound almost out the door!

In Seoul they make you do that when your plane stops for a refuel!

Gerrit - Oz