TravelBanter

-   Europe (http://www.travelbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Locating a picture (http://www.travelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=182053)

Joe Makowiec October 2nd, 2015 01:44 PM

Locating a picture

I inherited some pictures from my aunt and uncle. I'm trying to give a
location to some of them. They mad a trip to Europe in the late 1960s,
and I'm trying to find where this picture was taken:

http://makowiec.org/where.jpg

I know that they visited Rome and Lucerne on that trip; not sure of any
other stops. I'd appreciate any assistance.

--
Joe Makowiec
http://makowiec.org/

David Pirmann October 2nd, 2015 02:34 PM

Locating a picture

In . 88 Joe Makowiec writes:

I inherited some pictures from my aunt and uncle. I'm trying to give a
location to some of them. They mad a trip to Europe in the late 1960s,
and I'm trying to find where this picture was taken:
http://makowiec.org/where.jpg

Rome Piazza della Repubblica

Joe Makowiec October 2nd, 2015 02:45 PM

Locating a picture

On 02 Oct 2015 in rec.travel.europe, David Pirmann wrote:

I inherited some pictures from my aunt and uncle. I'm trying to
give a location to some of them. They mad a trip to Europe in the
late 1960s, and I'm trying to find where this picture was taken:
http://makowiec.org/where.jpg

Rome Piazza della Repubblica

Thank you! Looks like Piazza della Repubblica has had a facelift since
1969...

--
Joe Makowiec
http://makowiec.org/
Email: http://makowiec.org/contact/?Joe

Ken Blake, MVP October 2nd, 2015 04:06 PM

Locating a picture

On Fri, 2 Oct 2015 13:34:38 +0000 (UTC), David Pirmann
wrote:

In . 88 Joe Makowiec writes:

I inherited some pictures from my aunt and uncle. I'm trying to give a
location to some of them. They mad a trip to Europe in the late 1960s,
and I'm trying to find where this picture was taken:
http://makowiec.org/where.jpg

Rome Piazza della Repubblica

Formerly known as the Piazza dell'Esedra, and sometimes still called
that.

Giovanni Drogo October 5th, 2015 09:08 AM

Locating a picture

http://makowiec.org/where.jpg
Rome Piazza della Repubblica

Formerly known as the Piazza dell'Esedra, and sometimes still called
that.

in fact I googlemapped "piazza Esedra" when I saw the picture